• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restons Solicitors

Hi,

I recently received a warrant for a CCJ I knew nothing about on behalf of Cabot financial, I rang Cabot and they advised me Restons Solicitors was handling my case. I rang them and they told me that if I set up a payment plan with them of £150 a month for 4 months this would satisfy my CCJ and they would suspend the warrant meaning I wouldn't be visited by bailiffs. I upheld my part in this agreement and have not missed any payments but yesterday a bailiff put a letter notifying me of their first visit and charges owed through my door. They didn't knock or anything just posted this letter. I am sure they are supposed to notify me 7 days before they intend to visit. Is this correct?

Also if I am making regular payments to Restons why have they sent a bailiff? are they in breach of our agreement as they confirmed that they would suspend this warrant?

Am I liable for the bailiffs fees?

Also when i rang Restons they told me they 'couldn't control the court' but surely if I am doing everything we have agreed they should have stopped the bailiffs coming?

Please can someone help me with this, its causing me to have huge amounts of anxiety, I live with my parents and I don't want bailiffs to sieze any good especially when I'm making regular payments.

Thanks in advance!
    Tags: None

Re: Restons Solicitors

Is the Bailiff that visited you from the County Court or from a company - Marstons, Rossendales etc?

Comment

From the county court

Comment

It is the Creditor - either Cabot or more likely Restons - who have instructed the Bailiff. To my mind if you have had an agreement in place & stuck with it - including not making late payments - then only they can answer why. You can apply on Form N245 to Suspend the Warrant & I would also formally apply for a Variation Order which is a sum of money you can comfortably afford if you find the present £150 too much. Cost of the application is still I believe £50 or if you are on a low wage or certain Benefits you may qualify for exemption in full or part - see Form EX160a & EX160c for details.

Did you actually owe the money they are claiming & when did you make last payment before they commenced proceedings?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X