• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** Cheated consumer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cheated consumer

I'll do just that. Please can I send my draft just for review before I send off tomorrow. I'll forward a copy anyway. I do want to avoid any legal procedure but at this same time he'll just get away with it and catch more victims.

Comment

Yes of course.

Comment

Hi, I sent a draft to admin@legalbeagles.info yesterday, any thoughts please? I'll send it tomorrow by registered mail. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          The back of the booking form is these bits ?

So nothing in there at all about the affiliate programme.

I'd log into your account and print out all the pages and list of sales etc. Then we should put a letter together to them requesting payment of the owed monies.

It would be classed a business to consumer transaction rather than a business to business so you should be covered by consumer protection regs.
          Hi Amethyst, Please can I confirm if a letter was put together and sent. I was thinking to refer to it in my draft letter sent to admin@legalbeagles.info but if not, that's alright. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Omolayo View Post
            Hi, I sent a draft to admin@legalbeagles.info yesterday, any thoughts please?
            It's pretty good. I've tidied it up a bit and made it a bit clearer as to what you're complaint about ie the non payment of the bonus AND their failure to respond to your communications.

Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Hello,

Below is the reply I got from Andy's office today via email. I've forwarded a copy. They have basically ignored the fact that they have no clear terms. The bonus was what got me to register for the course and they have clearly mislead me to buying their product. The bonus scheme is a scam and has been designed never to be paid out. Please what's your thoughts on this?

Hi Omolayo,

This email is being sent in response to your formal letter of complaint. Due to you buying all the books on your own card and then changing the names we will be refunding you the funds that you used to buy all the books in due course. This will take a while to process due to the sheer volume of payments we need to refund.

We are also unable to offer you a refund for PSU as you have requested this outside your 14 day cooling off period.

We will be in touch soon regarding your refunds.

Regards,

Josh

Marketing Executive

Jet Set Speaker

Josh@andyharrington.com

Comment

Hiya xx I'm just discussing with EXC following your email.

Just need to review the paperwork from the course booking, I think you sent all that through already.

Initial thoughts are a letter before action to claim the full amount promised under the affiliate scheme as a way of encouraging them to allow cancellation of the course and refund of course fee paid.

I think you have decided you don't want to attend the course haven't you?
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes I have decided that I don't want the course any more.

Comment

Well at least they say they're going to refund the postage costs so that's a start.

I think you could threaten legal action by sending them a letter before action (for the unpaid commission) in the hope that they'll go further. It's not a commitment on your part to actually follow through. The problem is that it's difficult to know how a court would view a breach of contract claim when essentially there are barely any terms.

So do a draft as before highlighting the fact that there are no terms which exclude you from paying the postage on the customer's behalf, that they accepted the orders and payments and that the orders appeared on your commission sheet, all implying that it was compliant with the contract.

Comment

I'll do just that.

Comment

I'll do just that.
                        Send me the draft when you're done.

Comment

Sure.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                            Send me the draft when you're done.
                            I've sent a draft for review. Thank you.

Comment

I've sent a draft for review. Thank you.
                              Thanks.

Let me have a little tinker with it and I'll respond in the morning.

Comment

I've sent my edit.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X