• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ - Parking Control Management

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCJ - Parking Control Management

Be interested to see how they've responded seeing as my case is due this month with the same parking firm and solicitors and I've received nothing yet.

Comment

Bundle from Gladstones :

Finally got around to scanning the bundle from gladstones. PLease could you have a look when you get a chance @mystery1.

Thanks

Also, the witness statement states that I admitted to receiving the letter before action in my defence. This is totally false. My defence stated:

3. The Defendant has never received any letter from the claimant
      or any letter before action from the solicitor. The only documents
      received by the defendant, was the county court claim form

Comment

Court date December ? When is the last date for filing your evidence ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
          Court date December ? When is the last date for filing your evidence ?

M1
          Thanks for the quick response [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

I am not entirely sure when the last date is for filing my evidence. Where would I obtain that information??

Comment

Usually on the document that gave the court date. Standard is 14 days beforehand but i suspect there was a non standard date if they've sent it already.

M1

Comment

I will have a look as soon as I get home. I just saw the court date and filed the letter :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

I've checked the letter and all it states is Notice of Trial date (which is now at my local court).

Has the time and date and also states that the claimant should pay the hearing fee of £25 at least 14 days prior to hearing.

Other than that, no other info about submitting any defence or the like

Comment

Phone the court and check as it's very strange that they sent this now when it appears late November/early December is when it due by.

Perhaps it's just me, do those pictures show someone parked or just moving ? 3 of the pictures show the vehicle is moving and they are all timed 14:57 ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                    Phone the court and check as it's very strange that they sent this now when it appears late November/early December is when it due by.

Perhaps it's just me, do those pictures show someone parked or just moving ? 3 of the pictures show the vehicle is moving and they are all timed 14:57 ?

M1
                    I will call now.

One of the picture shows the car stationary and the door open for 5-10 seconds, as someone jumped into the car .

Comment

Originally posted by HelpCCJ View Post
                      I will call now.

One of the picture shows the car stationary and the door open for 5-10 seconds, as someone jumped into the car .
                      There are so many of these they are asking for papers before a date is set.
                      [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] contact me for more information on site - unless you have it.
                      Not here a lot but you'll find me on Pepipoo.

Comment

Originally posted by emanresu View Post
                        There are so many of these they are asking for papers before a date is set.
                        @mystery1 contact me for more information on site - unless you have it.
                        I have spoken to the court and I had 21 days from 4th August. Apparently it stated that all documents must be filed with 21 days in the letter titled Allocation to Small Claims or something. So I have a couple of days to work this out. Any help would be apprecaited. Thanks [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

Comment

21 days from 4th August ?

So you've missed the deadline or do you mean September ?

M1

Comment

It seems I have missed it but they said send it anyway. I had no idea I would need to send anything before the date was set. I will check that letter again but I do not remember seeing anything with deadlines. That said, I am not used to this sort of thing so could well have missed it or misunderstood

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, just to add, I received th claimants bundle on 30th Aug. So I guess we are both late?

Comment

We need to to do 2 things.

1 . A bundle, including witness statements and exhibits.

2. Reply to the witness statement they sent.

1.Your witness statement

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...ess-statements

Start at 1 and tell the story. Make sure you include all the steps from receiving the claim through asking them to replead etc. Mark each exhibit.

2. Add the lies and incorrect stuff you can pick out to this.

Dear Gladstones,

Thank you for your evidence pack the contents of which are noted.

I note that the witness refers to an area of land which has no relation to the particulars of claim. Further the signs bear no relation to the particulars of claim.

Your witness contains legal argument which in itself is inadmissible.

The defendant did not accept the £100 as contended.

I refer the claimant to the case they lost in High Wycombe B4GF26K6 & 2 others PARKING CONTROL MANAGEMENT (UK)-v-CHRISTOPHER BULL .

Yours etc

Was there a notice to driver ? Seems odd to me that they could have placed a notice on the vehicle if it merely stopped for a few seconds ? I recal you didn't get the letter before action ?

Add stuff like that in to the letter regarding the witness statement.

Send everything to the court AND to Gladstones.

Pop it up here for a look if you want.

M1

Comment

Thanks @mystery1

Just a couple of questions. In regards to the reply to the witness statement, is that just an email I send to them and then attached MY witness statement? Or a separate letter and email both to Gladstone and also send to court?

I did not receive anything except the claim form. No notice to driver, no letter before action. On the witness statement, do I address their bundle and witness statement or just stick to the story with receiving the claim, asking them to replead etc?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X