• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

London Parking Solutions PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: London Parking Solutions PCN

Hi there!
    So some time have passed. I've followed your advice and ignored their letters. (i have one more from their "collecting agancy" and one from their solicitors - see attached)
    So it happened...
    Today i've got a claim letter from the county court.

They give me few options. As you can see on the second page of the letter(court claim 2).
    What should i do? I would like to fill the defence form. But i'm not sure how to proceed.
    Also is a counter claim possibe?
    Regards!
    Attached Files

Comment

File acknowledgement of service for now. We then get 33 days from 31/3/17 to file a defence.

They even stated "for commercial vehicles only" in the claim form. LOL. How does that make a contract ? oops.

http://nebula.wsimg.com/b84a6ffd1e35...&alloworigin=1

M1

Comment

I have submitted an Acknowledgment of Service (AOS) form to the court.

As i was filling the form there were 3 options to choose from and one of them I didnt fully understand (see attached)
        What does this "Contest Jurisdiction" means? I've marked "Defend all of this claim"

When i've seen the letter i thought "what the fork". If a silicitor is involved, how can they even claim something that is most likely to fail?
        After your response i feel a lot more optimistic. Again... Thank you for your time and help, much appreciated!

Anyway I hope those b*stards get what they deserve. From the link that you shared, i've seen that the max sum that i claim from them would be 95
        £ in case that i spend a day in court (and i win of course). I have enough problems on my head right now. Dealing with more BS like that is the last thing that i need.

Cheers!

PS: Sorry for the I,I,I,I's. I sould have known better... Will try for next time thought.

Attached Files

Comment

Contest jurisdiction if you don't live in England or Wales otherwise you accept it.

Comment

So what should be the next step?

Comment

Wait for me to get back to you. I reckon you have a week left to file and i'm slowly getting shit done

M1

Comment

Edit to suit.

Goshudef.rtf

M1

Comment

Do i need to provide them with some sort of photo evidence or something else?
                  Thank you again for your support!

PS. The defence form is sent. Cross fingers now.
                  Few questions ... How long does it usually takes for them to notify us for the outcome and what would be the next step. Actually is it possible to make a judgement like that - online, without the need of myself visiting a court?
                  I really have no knowledge of these procceses. And to be frank that was preferable, but hey-ho.
                  Last edited by goshu; 2nd May 2017, 20:05:PM.

Comment

It can be done on the paperwork but that would not be beneficial to you. It's a slow process but the next piece of paper from the court is a directions Questionnaire where you get to choose your own local court. Then you will be given a date for your local court with instructions to submit a full defence (add your photos then) to the court and the claimant within, usually, 14 days before the hearing. Court itself is not what you see on TV and films. It will be a small room with the judge at the front and you and the claimant at desks in front of him. (unless they have run out of small rooms)

Comment

Nearly everyone in your situation shits a brick. Once you get it sorted in your mind that the worst that can happen is that they win (i.e. they get what is claimed and no more, usually) then what have you got to lose ? You do have a very good chance of winning here.

M1

Comment

Its not really the money that bothers me(althought its a factor) but more like the bad credit history and a bad reputation on my name...

Comment

Originally posted by goshu View Post
                          Its not really the money that bothers me(althought its a factor) but more like the bad credit history and a bad reputation on my name...
                          Your credit file will only suffer if you lose AND do NOT pay within 28 days.

M1

Comment

I've got a new letter. They ask if we would like to settle the matter in a mediation. Will that be in a benefit for me? Probably not... but its good to ask.

Thanks for the credit status clarification!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by goshu; 21st May 2017, 17:15:PM.

Comment

So... I've got a letter from the court last week stating that the hearing will be placed on 19th of sept.
                              Today another letter came. From CSB Solicitors. The claim is discontinued from their side. Happy days!

I don't know how to express my gratitude to you. If it wasn't for you, I would have paid the fine. Well probably little bit more relaxed for that period, but the feeling at the end worth it.

I hope this whole experience will help someone in my situation. If you are in one - read the forum first. If you think you can avoid it- seek help. Good people will help you.

Again. mystery1 Thank you very much for the help and the time spend! Much appreciated!

Comment

Don't forget to check with the court that it has actually been discontinued. It's not unknown for the solicitors to tell you it's discontinued, you don't turn up in court and they win.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X