• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from Lowell Finance Ltd for a HBOS debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Letter from Lowell Finance Ltd for a HBOS debt

Yes that's what I'm expecting from them, having just spent the last two years getting my credit file back on track I can't afford for this account to turn sour

Comment

Hi I have received a threatening letter from Lowell, if I don't contact them then they take me to court. I wondered if you'd had a chance to looks at the specifics T&Cs issues. Many thanks.

Comment

BUMP

Comment

@nemesis45

Comment

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] sorry to be a pain again but I've received a letter from Lowell telling me they intend to take legal action. I'd really like to write to them about the T&Cs, have you had a chance to look at them please

Comment

do not write sill letters to them it encourages them to see you off, they ignore any correspondence of facts read threads, go soft with them they take full advantage of you as an easy few extra quid also shows your weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by Doglover2000 View Post
                @nemesis45 sorry to be a pain again but I've received a letter from Lowell telling me they intend to take legal action. I'd really like to write to them about the T&Cs, have you had a chance to look at them please
                OK will do. Can we see the letter pls?

nem

Comment

Sorry I have no way of scanning so here's what it says:

Having assessed our options we jntend to take legal action to recover this debt if you do not contact us to agree a repayment plan

What legal action means:
                  1. A writ or summons dependent on the size of your balance is issued by the court
                  2. Court fees solicitors costs and interest will be added to the writ or summons which would increase the amount
                  3. If you do not respond to the writ or summons a decree may be granted against you
                  4. Should a decree be granted this will be registered on your credit file for up to six years and may impact your ability to obtain future credit

We'd prefer to work with you
                  Our preference is to work with you without taking legal advice. Please visit our website and set up a replayment plan or call our team.

Comment

Since my last post I've received two letters, the most recent later was received today and states that if I don't agree a repayment option by 7 May then solicitors will be instructed to take legal action to recover the debt, the previous letter was the same but gave a date of 23 April. In the letter they are also offering me an 20% discount on the debt, is that normal. Can someone please let me know what I should do and what the issue is with the T&Cs previously mentioned. This is causing quite a bit of stress and I'd like to try and move this forward. Any help is appreciated [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]

Comment

Are you, or were you, in Scotland when the debt was taken out?

A weird letter from Lowell referring to writs and decree's if you're not.

Edit:
                      It would imo take even closer examination of all the documents to confirm or deny the compliance there is some merit to the documents you have and with English Civil Law judgment is made on the balance of probabilities it could prove enough to obtain judgment. I'm living in Scotland does that affect anything
                      Okay yes you are. That makes a difference with how you deal with the court process. I'll have a proper look through the thread now.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes I lived in Scotland, thank you so much for having a look

Comment

Okay looks like they have complied with the CCA and have supplied the original agreement and accompanying terms, with a recon for legibility - as well as terms at the time of default. So it is likely to be enforceable if they took it to court.

You mentioned earlier in the thread you had some concerns over the signature on the agreement? Sometimes if you applied online you'd have been sent an agreement to sign an return before receiving or activating the card? From the wording on the agreement it sounds like that may have been the case here. The adress on this page - http://legalbeagles.info/forums/atta...8&d=1480075642 - is the correct one from when you opened the account ?

If you recognise the card and the balance doesn't have any issues then it is likely to be your best option to try and come to an arrangement with them prior to any court action - the debt has fallen off your credit file but unfortnately was kept alive by the DMP payments so isn't statute barred, and the documents look compliant. I don't know if you own your own home, if so they might try court action to try and secure the debt ( just over £6k ?) which could result in a judgment against you damaging your credit file for a further 6 years.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you I'll email them antry and negotiate a further discount, thanks a million

Comment

Originally posted by Doglover2000 View Post
                              Thank you I'll email them antry and negotiate a further discount, thanks a million
                              I've only glanced back through your thread in a hurry and I've not studied any of the redacted documents you've uploaded which you received to know whether they are 'enforceable' under the Consumer Credit Act or not.

More importantly what documents have you not received since the credit agreement is not the only reason to defeat a claim (which you have not yet received?).

Have you had a response to your SAR to HBOS?

Have you received annual statements (s.86) and did you receive a compliant Default Notice (s.87) prior to termination of the agreement?

Was the assignment proper?

Are the documents Lowells have produced reconstituted and have you checked them for 'honesty and accuracy'?

And so on and so forth?

The Scottish legal system is very different from the English legal system.

Why do you feel that you have to admit the debt and negotiate payment at this point?

Be aware that if you email them to negotiate payment of this debt that may be considered as an admission of the debt which could be used against you if they do decide to issue proceedings (unless your email is headed "Without Prejudice") .

Di

Comment

Did you have PPI on this account?

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X