• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim £400 + costs parking eye

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Claim £400 + costs parking eye

Hello
    I have received a county court claim for £400 + fee £35 + £50 legal defence costs. This relates to a weekend between 8-14.10.15 for 4 parking charges. The facts are:
    Registered owner – me, son drives and insures car as belongs to him although as he was under 18 I had to buy in my name, but insured solely in his name
    He and friends went night fishing over the previous Friday/Saturday night referred here by local bait shop
    It was past 9pm and no signs were illuminated, car park empty and they did not see any signs, I intend to visit car park for defence as at the moment I am relying on a 19 year old although I have no reason that he is not telling the truth
    The reason for multiple charges is that they left and returned after buying food so obviously were caught again same period
    He was with the car with engine running and lights on for the whole time he was there to see fishing rod, in addition his girlfriend was sat doing uni work on her laptop in the car
    The whole car park was dark and totally empty and they drove through middle to get to far end for fishing site
    I have registered to defend claim as parking signage not lit and visible and seems unfair as if he had been ticketed once he would not have returned
    Any help appreciated
    Thank you in advance for any assistance :tinysmile_grin_t:
    Tags: None

Re: County Court Claim £400 + costs parking eye

So is this the only indication of a parking charge or did you get multiple notices to keeper previously?

Comment

Was the summons sent to you as registered owner? or him as driver have you received these PCNs previous to the summons?

Comment

File acknowledgement of service, post up the form (sanitise of personal info) and any letters charges etc and take plenty pics and a video or 2 and post those up too.

M1

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
        Was the summons sent to you as registered owner? or him as driver have you received these PCNs previous to the summons?
        Him as registered keeper, i'd assume.

M1

Comment

Hi
          Thank you
          Previous parking letters received but we did ignore (foolishly). To me as owner, he is registered keeper with insurance company and insures for him only to drive
          I have filed acknowledgement and post up form during my lunch break as at work, do I just scan in and add here in post?
          The notice is in my name as registered owner,

Comment

THe PCN would have been sent to the Keeper on the DVLA database if he was driving you could inform the parking company but may be to late

Comment

The PCN was sent to me and not him, if we have to go to court it is probably better me than him?

Comment

Originally posted by melsavon View Post
                Hi
                Previous parking letters received but we did ignore (foolishly). To me as owner, he is registered keeper with insurance company and insures for him only to drive
                So you are the registered keeper as the claim came to you, your name is on the "log book". There is no such thing as registered owner. So your son has told the insurance company he is the registered keeper? You could/may have a problem in future if you have told the insurance company porkies. But I digress from the matter in hand.

Comment

Hi

I am on the log book, he told insurance company car was owned by me, registered and financed in my name and he is main driver, so no worries there I hope (will check now when I get home) but thank you.

Comment

Have you asked him to pay the CCJ before it goes to court saves a lot of hassle for you

Comment

£400 is very excessive, as I have said we are defending now can we change this? I don't think it is fair as it is very excessive and was not signed.

Comment

Off course you can defend there are others on LB who will help with a defence its been proved in court the 100 PCN is not excessive maybe being that there were 4 is a good defence seems not only excessive but ridiculous IMO

Comment

If it had been 1 at £100 I would have paid for him and would pay that now, but he is an apprentice so cost comes to me as he does not have money for it. If I could get them to reduce to £100 I would pay that to get rid of it even though seems unfair as was middle of night.

Comment

THe PCN would have been sent to the Keeper on the DVLA database if he was driving you could inform the parking company but may be to late
                            Too late once proceedings start.

Have you asked him to pay the CCJ before it goes to court saves a lot of hassle for you
                            There is no CCJ just a court claim. It's not in his sons name either so ultimately the son has no liability to parking eye, although he may be due a boot up the arse

M1

Comment

Thank you
                              I am not sure what this means though, Can I still defend claim and should I still go and get pictures and video?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X