• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination of PCP/HP...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination of PCP/HP...

Thank you Rob for the detailed advice including template letters, much appreciated believe me including other members comments.
    This is going to sound crazy but I am only 14 months into my agreement so have in no way paid off half, where do I stand now as I am just unable to continue with my present payment plan. This is not a position I like to be in or could have predicted but have no alternative. I fully understand I will be liable to pay shortfall once car has been taken back (if they accept my letter of termination?) and auctioned off, the figure will be high but not as high as it is now. I have offered voluntary monthly payments to which they appeared almost not willing to accept, but at least I am offering to still pay surely that has some merit? Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Voluntary Termination of PCP/HP...

Well you can VT at any time by giving notice, the balance up to 50% will be a debt, of which they can take you to court for non-payment although they do have to take into account the FCA rules because they are regulated. Where you genuinely cannot make repayments hence the reason to VT that should be taken into account instead of putting pressure and adding more fees.

You should offer something that is affordable to you based on your income, and be realistic - £10 per month probably isn't going to cut it unless you really have no cash at all. You might need to do a budget sheet and use that as proof of outgoings. If they are still not willing then you can make an official complaint and take it to the ombudsman if they reject your initial complaint. The ombudsman may be more sympathetic towards you than the courts plus it means you will not get a CCJ which will of course affect your credit rating for the next 6 years.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
      Well you can VT at any time by giving notice, the balance up to 50% will be a debt, of which they can take you to court for non-payment although they do have to take into account the FCA rules because they are regulated. Where you genuinely cannot make repayments hence the reason to VT that should be taken into account instead of putting pressure and adding more fees.

You should offer something that is affordable to you based on your income, and be realistic - £10 per month probably isn't going to cut it unless you really have no cash at all. You might need to do a budget sheet and use that as proof of outgoings. If they are still not willing then you can make an official complaint and take it to the ombudsman if they reject your initial complaint. The ombudsman may be more sympathetic towards you than the courts plus it means you will not get a CCJ which will of course affect your credit rating for the next 6 years.
      Thank you once again R0b....

Comment

I wrote a letter to FC in early April explaining my situation again (had already called them in March) & informing them that I would be making VT payments of £50pm until such time as my circumstances improve. Believe me if there was another better way....
        Now it is a case of waiting to see what they have to say or do. I hope you won't mind if I come back to you again..?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X