• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA Request letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCA Request letter

Thank you, I will write the letter tonight and post it in the morning. Does anyone know the next step they will make? From what I understand the account will still be in dispute which means court action cannot commence.

Thanks again,

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by benken28 View Post
      Thank you, I will write the letter tonight and post it in the morning. Does anyone know the next step they will make? From what I understand the account will still be in dispute which means court action cannot commence.

Thanks again,

Ben
      3.possibilities they carry on regardless, drop the claim, or leave the claim stayed by the court in the hope of finding something better.

nem

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply, they haven't threatened court action yet, as it appears unenforceable due to the print being so bad I take it the claim wouldn't be succesful?

Thanks

Ben

Comment

What shall I do next, is there a template letter I need to send? I'm just worried that a claim may be issued before I reply.
          Who says you have to reply to anyone?

You've had a letter from Arrow enclosing a half-hearted attempt at complying with your s.78 CCA Request. They're not expecting a response and say Shoosmiths are still managing the account.

Arrow are rarely public facing. They outsource the management of all their accounts to their "partners". Some of these are DCAs and some are solicitors but that doesn't necessarily mean things will result in legal proceedings. It might, but then again it might not.

You've not even had a Letter Before Action from Shoosmiths yet have you? When that comes there's a template letter on the forum to use as a response. The letter requests loads more documents which they may fail to find.

It's my personal opinion that writing a stern letter to Shoosmiths might only serve to provoke them. It certainly won't prevent them issuing a claim if that's what they're minded to do.

Why not wait until they write to you and then we'll tell you the best way to respond

Di

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I think I will sit tight and wait to see if anything else comes of it. I have read of a similar case from MBNA where they kept producing distorted CCA's and it was thrown out of court.

Thank you again to everyone that has responded to me over the last couple of months,

Ben

Comment

Hi Ben

I have been reading lots of posts about DCA's and can not believe that they can act the way they do. From what I have read I must agree with Diana because they will carry on regardless of what you say or do.

Is Diana correct in that they have not even issued a letter before action and certainly no claim? Diana has given me some fantastic advice on another issue so maybe I am biased but I don't think I am, she seems fair and even handed

Now you have sent the CCA request I would just sit it out and wait, in addition if you write to them you may inadvertently acknowledge the debt which could mess things up for you at a later date

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your message, basically Arrow appointed Shoosmiths a couple of months ago and as it was a solicitor I assumed legal action would be on the horizon and spoke to a friend who directed me to this site.
                I have only had a couple of letters from Shoosmiths asking to make a payment arrangement, I posted on here and was advised to make a CCA request which I have done and a couple of months later I received a statement and one page of A4 paper which they tell me is the agreement but the text is all distorted.
                I think sitting tight and seeing what happens next will be the best option as I don't want to stir up trouble!

Thanks again

Ben

Comment

Hi,

I have had a letter from Shoosmiths asking me to fill out an expenditure form relating to the account I have mentioned previously in this thread. The letter was sent a month ago and I have only just found it as it appears to have slipped behind our hall way unit!
                  They have attached the alleged terms and conditions which are unreadable (pictures of alleged agreement previously added to this thread) and also 10 pages of terms and conditions which have been stapled to the back and are all unsigned by me, they look as if they have just been added on.
                  They haven't threatened any sort of action, would it be wise to file the letter and carry on sitting tight?

Thank you in advance

Ben

Comment

Hi,

I have had a letter from Shoosmiths asking me to fill out an expenditure form relating to the account I have mentioned previously in this thread. The letter was sent a month ago and I have only just found it as it appears to have slipped behind our hall way unit!
                    They have attached the alleged terms and conditions which are unreadable (pictures of alleged agreement previously added to this thread) and also 10 pages of terms and conditions which have been stapled to the back and are all unsigned by me, they look as if they have just been added on.
                    They haven't threatened any sort of action, would it be wise to file the letter and carry on sitting tight?

Thank you in advance

Ben
                    Hello Ben,

Can you please post a copy (s) of what you have received?

The documents should be easily legible in all parts?

nem

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your message.
                      I'm away this weekend and will be able to post pictures on Tuesday. The actual 2 page agreement is unreadable but have my details on them that I filled in at the time. The 10 pages of terms and conditions look as if they have just been printed from a computer and stapled onto the back. I think I have posted pictures of the 2 page agreement a few weeks ago on this thread but as I am looking on my mobile phone I can't see them!

Thanks again

Ben

Comment

Hi

I have managed to scroll up and the pictures of the 'original' terms and conditions were uploaded on this thread on 27th July

Thanks

Ben

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X