• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help - Reclaiming on old Debenhams, Dorothy Perkins and House of Fraser store cards!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Reclaiming on old Debenhams, Dorothy Perkins and House of Fraser store cards!

Hi Kind People

I am reclaiming PPI on old GE Capital accounts - Debenhams, Dorothy Perkins and House of Fraser. I understand that Santander are in charge of these accounts now. I took them out years ago in the 90s and defaulted on them so paying back a minimal each month now.

I will be requesting a SAR but since all 3 of them related to GE Capital, then GE Money and now I believe Santander, do I send cheques for £30 or just the one £10 to cover all 3 accounts.

I remember a tick box on the paperwork years and years ago but can't remember if ticked and I don't have the information now but I do believe since I am still paying all 3 accounts off to debt collection agencies I can easily find my old account numbers. I just do not have details of any PPI insurance on these accounts.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Eager Beagle.
    Tags: None

Re: Help - Reclaiming on old Debenhams, Dorothy Perkins and House of Fraser store car

I would just send £10 but emphasise that your enquiry is for all data held on all 3 accounts.

Comment

Re: Help - Reclaiming on old Debenhams, Dorothy Perkins and House of Fraser store car

My thinking here , if your question specifically relates to a PPI claim on these cards, is that since these relate to accounts held in the 1990s, you will need statement confirmation that you actually paid PPI payments in the first place. Without statements you will have to rely on the companies agreeing that you did indeed have PPI and then you will have to explain why you have not complained earlier and why you feel that the product was mis-sold.

But more importantly, if you defaulted on the very accounts that you wish to claim from, the company could argue ( and I have seen this done ) that any award, if proven ( which is a very long shot ) should be set against the default balance, especially if any PPI premiums in question are part of that default balance.

Comment

I received a letter from Santander saying they have closed my complaint. Apparently the PPI policy was added to my card at the outset and the terms and conditions of the policy allow cancellation within the first 30 days, with any premiums being refunded, as long as no claim had been made on the policy. Any premiums would have been paid back with the 30 days back in the 1990s they said.

I had 3 cards. 2 had PPI and they said the 3rd one didn't but I can write to the Financial Ombudsman Service about that one. (Why would I do that if there was no PPI).

Anyway regarding the 2 cards with PPI insurance which was apparently cancelled and refunded within 30days of my account opening back in 1990s, not sure whether to leave it because I don't know if what they are saying is true. Also the print out that they sent me says cancelled within 30days too.

Any advice please as I still had my cards for a good few years after that and not sure whether I paid any PPI as their print out does not actually state any PPI insurance payments.

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X