• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Store card & PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Store card & PPI

I have been in dispute with St udio C ards over having no signed agreement & mis-sold PPI

The lack of agreement is straight forward & I have stopped paying them.

The PPI claim is a bit more complex, they state that the insurance was agreed over the phone, despite numerous requests they cannot prove the call or the content - there is no recording.

Both they & the FOS state as this agreement was signed before 2005 that the FOS cannot act in the matter.

They were not a member of the General Insurance Standards Council and are therefore not bound by their standards of behaviour.

Any ideas how I get these robbin barstewards to cough up what has been obtained through a scam?

frisp
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Re: Store card & PPI

How much was the balance of the account when you stopped paying them over the lack of agreement ?

How much had you paid in PPI up to that point ?

How much interest on goods had you paid up to that point ?

How much charges were charged on the account ?

How much had you spent on goods up to that point ?

See where I'm going with this?

You need to either go for no agreement OR for missold PPI. Thats why its best to have the figures to hand.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Am

Why can't I go for both as they are linked?

The charges were minor but the PPI is a k plus so worth pursuing. Not sure why dosh spent on goods is relevant?

frisp
      Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Comment

Hi Frisp,

I am doing a similar claim with studio at the minute.

The details Amethyst asked for are relevant so it would help if you could post approximate figures etc.

I will assist you with this one all I can. Can you tell me what steps you have taken on this so far?
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Tools

Admin Charges 323.27 inc 8%
          PPI 1560.34 inc 8%

Current Balance 1570 & pennies

They say they have refunded the charges to the account but never prove it. Is this enough info.

frisp

Comment

Have you got a full statement of account? If not you can email them from the studio site requesting one for free

Also add up the "Service Charges" this is the interest they have charged you at a whopping 39.8%

As no credit agreement exists you can rightfully bargain with them that they cannot lawfully apply a rate of interest.

The purchases you have made and goods received are liable for (and quite rightfully should be) paid for the interest etc should not.

I am away until Tuesday now , but add up those service charges and post them up here. I have some letters to add for you to send to them.
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

I also need to know what stage you are at with them frisp.

Comment

Tools

I've received all the statements going back to 2000 and have counted up the charges. Do you want me to me to PM you the spreadsheet? The service charges are those annotated admin charges in my last post.

I've received their final response which led to my complaint to the FOS and their response 'we can't help' as the account goes back to before 2004.

I'd like to here more about 'bargaining' with them for the return on interest on goods purchased.

Without starting the court process, we're stalemated.

frisp

Comment

Can you email your spready to Tools@legalbeagles.info

Then he can have a look Tuesday when he gets back
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    Can you email your spready to Tools@legalbeagles.info

Then he can have a look Tuesday when he gets back
                    Dunnit Am, tks

Comment

Update latest letter fm Stupido. I like the bit where they send me the FOS booklet and then tell me that they can't do owt.

Any ideas welcome, tools did you get my email with the spreadsheet?

Comment

Hi Frisp,

Sorry I`ve taken a while to respond to you, been busy with the server etc.
                        Right, just to recap,
                        • Have you copies of all statements or a statement of account?
                        • Have you asked for the charges back that show on your statements as "Service Charge" & "Administration Charge"?
                        • If so, have they refunded them or not, looking at your statements are there any credits other than your account payments?
                        • Disregarding the PPI letter, what other letters have you sent them?

You need to go through the statements and add everything to one spreadsheet, or insert them into the one you have done for PPI. IF they have credited any charges to your account then add them as a minus figure including the date credited onto your spreadsheet.

Once I know what stage you are at with them I can suggest a letter to send.

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                          Hi Frisp,

Sorry I`ve taken a while to respond to you, been busy with the server etc.
                          Right, just to recap,
                          • Have you copies of all statements or a statement of account? Yep
                          • Have you asked for the charges back that show on your statements as "Service Charge" & "Administration Charge"? Yep
                          • If so, have they refunded them or not, looking at your statements are there any credits other than your account payments? Nope haven't seen any
                          • Disregarding the PPI letter, what other letters have you sent them? Just the initial request for the agreement plus letters explaining that blank agreements do not constitute properly executed agreements.

You need to go through the statements and add everything to one spreadsheet, or insert them into the one you have done for PPI. IF they have credited any charges to your account then add them as a minus figure including the date credited onto your spreadsheet. Ok will do

Once I know what stage you are at with them I can suggest a letter to send.
                          No worries on the delay Tools, the sites' need is greater than my wee case.

MAC

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X