• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Am I going to trial?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I going to trial?

Hi everyone

Just wondered if anyone has any experience/knowledge of this. I am in the middle of legal proceedings for a clinical negligence case. I've just been given a trial window date by the court for next year.

Does anyone know if that means my case is going to trial, or does it mean I'm just being given dates in case it should go to trial?

- - - Updated - - -

Of course I will ask my solicitor but because it's the weekend I will have to wait until next week.
    Tags: None

Re: Am I going to trial?

The trial window is the expected time of the trial

Initially, a claim may be given a “trial window” of several weeks, during which it is expected the trial will take place.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/standard-directions/general/trial-arrangements

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
      The trial window is the expected time of the trial

Initially, a claim may be given a “trial window” of several weeks, during which it is expected the trial will take place.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/standard-directions/general/trial-arrangements
      Thanks enaid

What I'm trying to understand is whether that means nothing else will happen now and we are definitely going to trial...OR

It is an estimate for a trial but it's still possible that thing would resolve before that.

I'm just not sure if this means that the judge has already decided it has to go to trial.

I'll read your link though and thanks

Comment

There could still be negotiations, case management etc before then, the trial window gives your sols, and the other side, a 'deadline' and set when other things have to be done by, witness statements, bundles etc. All cases proceed as if to Trial - doesn't necessarily mean there will be one, all depends if the case gets settled / withdrawn before the hearings.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X