• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Defaulted Account (Overdraft) Close to Going SB Now But...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defaulted Account (Overdraft) Close to Going SB Now But...

...having had a pretty epic fightback with a DCA who slipped a CCJ in on me using the wrong address (deliberately but thats in a different thread) I have to weigh up whats best to do with this one. Default on my Credit Report is October 2010 so will go Statute Barred at the end of the year. Trouble is, they have some very out of date address info for me and having been backdoored once already should I notify them of my current address or should I keep my head down?

I guess the best action would be to SAR them in a couple of months time which notifies them of my new address without acknowledging any debt with them. If i work back through the history of the account im confident that the default amount would total something less than the amount I paid in fees, charges and interest in the years I had the overdraft.

Would the Banks be bright enough to look at this and avoid picking on cases where any counterclaim for costs would outweigh the amount they would recover?

What would others recommend. Credit Report shows the account with them but about 3 years ago the total amount of monies owed reduced by 1.5% in one month. I wonder if this was the sale value of the debt to a DCA who has so far not bothered looking for me but might pull the same trick and try a default CCJ on.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X