• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Neighbour noise and Landlord obligations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbour noise and Landlord obligations

The flat across the top floor landing in this 6-household block is rented out by an absent landlord. There has always been an issue with successive tenants but now we in this block are being subject to excessive late-night noise and continual door-slamming. Another person has recently moved in and appears to have her boyfriend living there occasionally. This has coincided with the late-night noise in the flat and also when they come back in the small hours.

The landlord has washed his hands of the issue and has asked us to speak to the tenants directly. Whilst they will be approached, does this landlord not have some obligation to the other homeowners in the stair to keep his tenants under control?

As I'm in Scotland, this issue will probably come under the Antisocial Behaviour (Scotland) Act 2004. So, does anyone think the landlord has some sort or responsibility or culpability in such matters?
    Tags: None

Re: Neighbour noise and Landlord obligations

Actually, have found out that the landlord is responsible for his tenants behaviour up here.

Comment

Re: Neighbour noise and Landlord obligations

Don’t know if this applies in Scotland but when I had this problem many years ago in England I contacted Environmental health through my local council. Just telling the tenants and the landlord I had done this stopped the problem!

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
      ~ Anonymous

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X