• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dealing with a lying ex boss!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with a lying ex boss!!

Hi all,

Long story short - I applied and got a new job pending references, I told potential new employer that my last place of employment are unlikely to give me a glowing reference if at all!! That I had left with immediate effect because the boss had pretty much told me that to be on her team I had to support her every decision including reducing staff to tears unnessecarily ( this is the route issue and where everything that follows stems from) I told her I am not comfortablle with it and will not be told what to think!

Big mistake on my part, anyway- I handed my notice in literally less than a week later and she proceeded to tell me that ALL the staff didn't like me, didn't want to work with me and that they felt I was bringing their morale down, that she no longer felt I had the leadership skills to be a senior on her team and that she was hoping to talk to me and see if she could help me change my way of seeing things!! She told me my actions were bordering gross misconduct and that she was going to speak with later that week with a possible warning. This was all said after I handed in my notice.

We agreed to reduce my notice from 4 weeks to 2 seeing it would be uncomfortable for all to continue as we were ( must point out here that the staff were always lovely, before during and after all this and her story about ALL. The staff disliking me didn't wash one bit, I've heard, as we all have her use this many times on employees who are leaving or being sacked)

The following day she hand posted a letter saying that my disloyalty, bringing staff morale down, breaking confidentially and distrupting the work place was being regarded as gross misconduct, that we have agreed 2 weeks notice and one false move and I'm out of there!! Words to that effect!!

The next day I handed in a new letter of resignation but this time with immediate effect.

Fastforward to a month later ( now) I applied for and got a job pending references, I've been open and honest about this in my interveiw so it was no surprise when the reference came through negative but the ex boss has written that I was under investigation for gross misconduct ( I wasn't and have no paperwork saying I was?!) I've heard nothing in a month from the ex boss!!

The new potential employer are now investigating and I'm awaiting their decision as to whether I have got the job or not!

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks
    Last edited by Jessie767; 22nd April 2016, 14:31:PM. Reason: poor spelling
    Tags: None

Re: Dealing with a lying ex boss!!

Jessie, I am sure a clever beagle will be along soon to give you sound advice. In the meantime- Does this Gorgon have a boss? Is there anyone else in seniority who can write a testimonial for you at the old company?
    Is the old company small?

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Re: Dealing with a lying ex boss!!

Hi, she owns the business, it is a small company. There is no one above her to go to!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh a fellow senior member of staff has said she will write anything I need, I told them this in the interview but they said seeing as she works there still it could land her in hot water. I don't want that!! There is another now ex senior member that I think is likely to write something for me, I've tried not to bother her because she left and is so much happier now!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X