• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unclaimed Estate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unclaimed Estate

I really don't know.

You said the Heir Hunters were keen to go, despite the estates teams comment.

It just seemed to me that before the 1926 Adoption act adoptions were arranged informally , and sometimes agreements were drawn up by lawyers.
    Now the act formalised arrangements and gave them a legal standing.
    This does not mean IMO that previous arrangements were illegal, just that they did not enjoy the protection and rights of post act adoptions.

The ECHR has already been applied retrospectively, so why should it not be applied in this case.

I don't know if there is any mileage in this line of thought.
    You may need to consult a lawyer, or perhaps Openlaw has some ideas

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X