• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Strange response to CCA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange response to CCA

Hi Everyone,
    late last year I received a letter from a debt buyer and latter on their pet solicitors. I requested a copy of my CCA after several letters saying they were searching I eventually received a letter stating that my CCA request was enclosed. The letter contained nothing, no CCA not terms no statement.

I have now received a letter from their solicitors again, should I inform them of their CCA breach or just leave it alone?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Strange response to CCA

If you turn up in court and state the envelope was empty the first question you'll be asked is what did you do about it ? Would you rather reply "nothing" or " I pointed it out" and which one makes you appear a more credible and reliable witness ?

M1

Comment

Hi Mystery,
      I actually took a call from the muppets after they had not sent the CCA, I requested that they respond to my letter. So I can actually say hand on heart I did point it out .

Their response was 6 months after they defaulted on the time limit. I have a feeling it was an automated response anyway as prior to the none compliance I received 2-3 letters stating they were trying to get hold of it. maybe their system spits that letter out after 8 months or so to unblock the account for further action.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpytums View Post
        Hi Mystery,
        I actually took a call from the muppets after they had not sent the CCA, I requested that they respond to my letter. So I can actually say hand on heart I did point it out .

Their response was 6 months after they defaulted on the time limit. I have a feeling it was an automated response anyway as prior to the none compliance I received 2-3 letters stating they were trying to get hold of it. maybe their system spits that letter out after 8 months or so to unblock the account for further action.

Thanks
        Which company is this and who are the solicitors?

nem

Comment

Robbers and Mr C

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpytums View Post
            Robbers and Mr C

Thanks
            There's been a lot of messing about with CCA request with RW, delaying tactics, returning fees etc.

Formal Complaint to Najib Nathoo the MD at RW from previous experience he just loves to deal with complaints (not).

nem

Comment

Hi,
              this account is very close to SB do you reckon its work contacting them? Or just wait to see what happens?

If they know the CCa request hasnt been complied with and they take legal action that would be vexatious litigation would it not?

Thanks

Comment

[QUOTE=Pumpytums;642508]Hi,
                this account is very close to SB do you reckon its work contacting them? Or just wait to see what happens?

If they know the CCa request hasnt been complied with and they take legal action that would be vexatious litigation would it not?

Thanks[/QUOTE

As long as you don't admit any liability e.g. always refer to " the alleged debt" and use the phrase " I do not acknowledge any liability to RW or any company it may claim to represent"

you'll be OK

Note RW has been allocation statutory fees to accounts instead of recognising it a stat fee!

Watch out for that ploy which could lead to the SB clock being restarted. Do Not send another fee!

If this does happen it should be reported to the FCA for information.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X