• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Swift Advances PLC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Swift Advances PLC

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
    Thats the term
    I don't mean to be ungrateful PT, but was that the only term deemed unfair?

I want to get to the bottom of the Costs term which allows them to charge us for everything at whatever price they fancy to defend anything we take up with them.

When we are LIP's and find something we feel unhappy about or try and raise a claim they pass it to their so called 'In-House solicitors' Swift Group Legal Services, they don't these days because we found out that operation was not bone-fide - (or we are pretty convinced it wasn't) and they use outside firms, but the charges for their solicitors were 25% more than those charged by the biggest firms. I was charged £160 an hour back in 2008/9 for a Partner of a massive firm and £140 for an Associate - Swift charged £220 +/- for a solicitor who was barely qualified and calling himself a 'Partner'....at the same time. And we had no say in that, there were no charges laid out or broken down showing the fees they added to the loan.

That's the term I'd like hammered - they were not 'reasonable costs' 'reasonably incurred' or anything like it and most, if not all the staff in their so called 'legal department' were actually admin people from Swift Advances plc anyway. If that's not a scam, then I'll eat my hat!

The rate term is significant and will benefit hoards of people - that raises another issue then, if these rates were inflated and people get refunds against the higher and lower rates which should have applied - what is the effect of the incorrect Judgement sums or Money Orders Swift obtained in court when repossession took place?

What exactly happens and what is the remedy against an incorrect Judgment sum? Hardly 'di minimis' is it?

A1
    Seek your own legal advice, I am not trained in legal matters, just give my opinion from my own personal experience.

I am an original Cabot Fan Club member and proud of it.

Comment

I say we should wait until Pt has had a good chance to read and digest the full judgement before we start bombarding him with questions, I am certain he will make everything absolute clear when he has and will answer questions then.
      That term alone is a massive term for Swift to cope with.............It is going to cost them a lot of money, and it will hurt them in a lot of ways.......remember they are only just existing financially at the moment.
      BY the way morning A1
      Sparkie

Comment

Sparkie I feel you are correct that we should wait for a decent rounded view of the judgement from PT. From the original post I read it that there was a disagreement around the terms of interest but that was the only point so we shall see. If anyone is interested my better half is Thai and I have just become a dad for the first time at the young age of 48. If you are wondering the relevance my beautiful daughter was born at 00.55 on the 13th of April, the same day I arrived home to read this thread. In Thai Buddhist culture babies born on the new year bring great luck and fortune. My daughter, Maysa, made sure she hung around until the thirteenth, Thai new year (year of the monkey), before making her entrance into this world. My partners waters broke at 7.00am on the 11th so Maysa should have been around a lot sooner. When I returned tired and jaded from hospital this was the first thread I came across so I hope that as well as bringing me many years of joy and love my daughter is also going to bring good fortune. By the way my partner was more tired and jaded than me so no sympathy required on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by meellis View Post
          Sparkie I feel you are correct that we should wait for a decent rounded view of the judgement from PT. From the original post I read it that there was a disagreement around the terms of interest but that was the only point so we shall see. If anyone is interested my better half is Thai and I have just become a dad for the first time at the young age of 48. If you are wondering the relevance my beautiful daughter was born at 00.55 on the 13th of April, the same day I arrived home to read this thread. In Thai Buddhist culture babies born on the new year bring great luck and fortune. My daughter, Maysa, made sure she hung around until the thirteenth, Thai new year (year of the monkey), before making her entrance into this world. My partners waters broke at 7.00am on the 11th so Maysa should have been around a lot sooner. When I returned tired and jaded from hospital this was the first thread I came across so I hope that as well as bringing me many years of joy and love my daughter is also going to bring good fortune. By the way my partner was more tired and jaded than me so no sympathy required on my part.
          Congratulations to you all, meellis!
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

congratulations and best wishes to you all

Comment

Brilliant meellis, congratulations.
              Seek your own legal advice, I am not trained in legal matters, just give my opinion from my own personal experience.

I am an original Cabot Fan Club member and proud of it.

Comment

Any news on this one yet ?

Comment

Is there still hope for us sparkie.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X