• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CMC falsely claiming credit for packaged bank account compensation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CMC falsely claiming credit for packaged bank account compensation

They said:

"Banks can investigate complaints with only one signature unless the account requires both parties to sign"

Even if this is true, then I would have thought that they would only be able to apply their fee to half the compensation received.

Comment

Originally posted by IronBadger View Post
      They said:

"Banks can investigate complaints with only one signature unless the account requires both parties to sign"
      Whether that's the case or not it's irrelevant to the consideration of whether you and/or your wife authorised the CMC to act in respect of the joint account.

On the letter of authority you posted you've blanked out the account number, I take it that it isn't the joint account number?

Comment

Correct, it was the last three digits of my wife's non-packaged single account.

Comment

I can only think that the letter of authority can only apply to the account number stated on it. Additionally it says ''Name 2 if joint account'' which is left blank.

Also in the engagement letter it says ''.....all such claims specified in the letter of authority'', which obviously doesn't include the joint account. I'm fairly sure the Legal Ombudsman will uphold it but don't forget to include everything in the complaint spelling it out.

Comment

Thank you for all your help EXC.
            I will contact the Legal Ombudsman with all the details.

Comment

Let us know how you get on.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X