• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No Debt but it has to be paid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Debt but it has to be paid

Any advice welcome please feel free to spam me with anything....

I was recently with payplan to the amount of £42K however I have taken over the debts myself again now as most have offered settlements and I only owe £10K. 1 debt (Payday lender) has sent a reply to my email saying they have no trace of the account number or name or address so couldnt find any account. 6 months on from this I have a letter randomly in the post from them saying they are chasing me for £699 .. But I have the letter saying they have no trace of me also. what do I do ?:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
    Tags: None

Re: No Debt but it has to be paid

Originally posted by babysteps View Post
    Any advice welcome please feel free to spam me with anything....

I was recently with payplan to the amount of £42K however I have taken over the debts myself again now as most have offered settlements and I only owe £10K. 1 debt (Payday lender) has sent a reply to my email saying they have no trace of the account number or name or address so couldnt find any account. 6 months on from this I have a letter randomly in the post from them saying they are chasing me for £699 .. But I have the letter saying they have no trace of me also. what do I do ?:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
    Hi babysteps & welcome to LB

Could you post up a copy (or just type the content) of your email to them, & their recent reply?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hello
      I am currently having my account paid via payplan. I am looking at taking the account on my own.
      Please can you write to me with a full accurate balance and statement of payments.
      Also can I have your bank details.
      Many thanks
      XXXXXXXXXX

Account Services <account.services@themoneyshop.com>
      Mar 23
      to me
      Dear XXXXXXXXXXX,
      Thank you for your email.
      Unfortunately we were unable to locate your account on our system with the details you have provided. Please provide us with your full name, date of birth, mobile number, email address and post code or alternatively contact us on 0800 009 3565* so we can look into this furtherIf you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact the office on the number below.
      Our office is open 8am to 7pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am to 4pm on Saturdays.**Kind Regards
      Customer Care Team
      Last edited by Kati; 6th April 2016, 12:12:PM.

Comment

& the phishing email? (where they are 'chasing' you)
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          & the phishing email? (where they are 'chasing' you)
          I had a letter from their collections department but thats at home. They are saying that the balance is £699 but its not

Comment

I can't see the letters however a few years ago I asked a pdl to confirm if I owed any money and if the account had been assigned. I received a reply saying nil balance and never been assigned. A few months later like you I got a begging letter. I replied with a letter drawing their attention to the letter the letter they sent. Not heard a thing since

Comment

Thats what I was thinking. Just send a printed copy of the email they sent me with the letter recently sent and see what happens

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X