• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Remove caveat probate and simultaneously apply for Grant of letters of Admin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove caveat probate and simultaneously apply for Grant of letters of Admin

Hello, how do I now remove a Caveat Probate and simultaneously apply for Grant of Letters of Administration? I asked my siblings if they would agree to a joint administrator application and refused. I want to apply for a grant and remove the caveat at the same time to prevent my siblings filing for the grant again.
    Tags: None

Re: Remove caveat probate and simultaneously apply for Grant of letters of Admin

Hi and welcome.
    You cannot obtain a grant of probate until the caveat is removed.
    you need to issue a warning (http://www.stephensons.co.uk/cms/doc...rning_Form.PDF), which is then sent to the party wholodged the caveat.
    They have a limited time to respond (make an appearance).
    If they fail to make an appearance the caveat is removed.
    If they make an appearance, and you cannot obtain their consent to remove the caveat, you will have to start court proceedings.
    The question of costs may then arise.

Would you like to explain more about your particular concerns?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X