• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problem regarding Lovell.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problem regarding Lovell.

Compass where deffo supposed to be on it. When I (rarely) rang them the were unable to find who to pay, said it probably been sold on. They were instructed to pay it twice and in November hey rang me and said we are on with full and finals so I assumed that was that.

Sooooo do I just sit tight at the moment?

I might well put in a subject access to aabrs. There's a lot of paperwork I can't find.

Comment

screendump clock attached
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gilltheblackcat View Post
        Compass where deffo supposed to be on it. When I (rarely) rang them the were unable to find who to pay, said it probably been sold on. They were instructed to pay it twice and in November hey rang me and said we are on with full and finals so I assumed that was that.

I might well put in a subject access to aabrs. There's a lot of paperwork I can't find.
        SAR is a good idea but how much data aabrs will have is an unkown.
        I hope you're right on the F&F!!

nem

Comment

Originally posted by Gilltheblackcat View Post

I would still sit tight
          I really don't think you will get much joy asking AABRS for a SAR. They only have the computers which don't work - everything is on the Cloud and that might not have what you need. It could be that they have nothing except a balance, your name and address and that's it - it ain't worth £555. AABRS are snowed under and it could take all of 40 days to get back to you.
          Otherwise you could write to Lovellls (or is it Lowells?) and ask for more clarification and whether they own the debt. I would CCA them (£1 postal order a opposed a SAR which will cost you £10), and see what happens.
          It sounds to me like they have bought your debt but have no paperwork. A CCA should uncover that whereas an SAR could result in them just sending 'all the personal details they have on you', which might not be very much.
          Wingco

Comment

The clock has been 2 hours out since the last weekend when the clocks went forward, before that it was an hour I think.

Time of this post is 17.54 BST

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              Just checked your settings and your DST wasn't automatically detected - probably loads of peeps like that too. One of the great mysteries of the Vbulletin set up panels.... lol. Is it right now?
              Your screwdriver and bit of string seems to have cured it - posted at 18:00. Many thanks

Comment

Its showing here as posted at 19.59

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                  Its showing here as posted at 19.59
                  Mine says 17:59 - something has gone wrong with your clock now!!!!!!!!
                  Wingco

Comment

Originally posted by Wingco View Post
                    I would still sit tight
                    I really don't think you will get much joy asking AABRS for a SAR. They only have the computers which don't work - everything is on the Cloud and that might not have what you need. It could be that they have nothing except a balance, your name and address and that's it - it ain't worth £555. AABRS are snowed under and it could take all of 40 days to get back to you.
                    I am struggling as to why I didn't smell a rat sooner. Anyway Amethyst seems to think my last statement is near as damit correct but I have lost my pot and now chatting with StepChange.... Which means another 4.5 yrs in debt.
                    Only found out Saturday and had already swallowed the story of Abbey so have probably losdt my 2 months money to them.

Comment

I was thinking about emptying my pot around the time they rang me, (november) and told me they were on with negotiating my full and finals. Reading around the web, there were several others told this between october and january. others kept paying till the end.

The lack of balance I took to be a good sign, money in transit as it were. In transit to their personal pockets it would seem.

I do wonder if the call was some sort of ruse to get people knocked off the books by claiming they stopped paying and so cancelled any agreements.

Comment

an update,

Recieved a letter two days ago from Lowell, not lovell as in title, and they would still like to understand why I have not paid the £1707.77

I am thinking that I need to make contact with them now, as to wait till December for it to be statute barred is a long time.

I still don’t understand why it shows as balance = 0 on credit report, but nothing from Lowell on there indicating they have taken it on.

Should I offer them a repayment plan, or attempt a full and final for the £555 I mentioned earlier?

Comment

Does it still show on your credit report being with the original creditor ?

If you were paying this in any way through Compass then it will not be statute barred anytime soon. It needs 6 years since last acknowledgement or Payment. If for some reason there was no contact on your behalf from Compass to Lowell then even waiting to December will be a push with Lowell, as they aren't shy of court action. ( Court action btw which you could defend as many do here, but whether you want to take that chance depends on whether a CCJ on your file is a major issue for you )

So I think your best bet would be to send a request for a copy of the credit agreement (CCA request), separately an explanation of what's happened with your DMP and could you have a full statement of account showing all payments since Lowell took over the debt and inform them you are setting up a new DMP yourself.

I'd do those bits first and then ( after 14 days) consider offering the £555. Lowell do accept 50% settlements quite readily but with the back up of a failed CCA request ( if they fail obvs) then getting it down to 25/30% is a possibility.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

usual template from them, no letter of claim?? even as we did we received a letter of claim from them and responded with letter before action to them to supply all paperwork that would pertain to any such claim they reckon they may have, they just sent info not complete that had been sent few years ago, and the deadline they set passed over a few months ago, = they are begging you no doubt! they know no case but are trying to unsettle you (do not let it work as these Skitsaprenic non human money thieves ) are out to fleece you for their tax haven,

others will advise soon

Ah! seems more to this situation posted same time as this one.

Comment

its for an overdraft, so there wont be a CCA?

Comment

Rooting through my mail I have found Lovell bought it in january this year, from sigma red I would think. On my credit report it's still showing as Barclays. Like I wrote before it's for a overdraft, so does that require a different letter to a request for a CCA?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X