• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problem regarding Lovell.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem regarding Lovell.

Hi, I am an ex compass victim, and as such have had to wrestle some control of my affairs back.

So I have got my Experian report and have noticed something bizarre, and wondering what it might mean.
    Lovell have just (end of feb) started to write to me about £1707 owing on a Barclays current account overdraft. This has been owing for at least 5 1/2 years, and I am fairly sure I personally have made no acknowledgment of the debt since entering my DMP with compass...., though it is real and i cant in conscience deny it. I think I know compass have paid nothing for this time, as when they rang me November time they were unable to find who to pay, and it didn't show on the statements over the years.

Anyway long story short, It has gone from a big row of red triangles and default balance £1707 to balance =0 still with red triangles this week.

What are the implications of the £1707 to £0? Does it mean I owe nothing and compass actually did pay something prior to the liquidation?

I am wary of approaching Lovell now as the balance has gone to zero, because I don't want it to shoot up again!

I have posted this here as it is not really related to Compass in the sense of their liquidation.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Problem regarding Lovell.

I think I worked a few bits out. The date it went to zero appears to be in 2013, as that is the updated date, would that be correct?

Thus that means when it was sold on, I seem to remember this went through Sigma red amongst others, maybe RMA, but all paperwork was sent to compass.

Since the amount has not decreased, is it worth holding on for it to be statute barred? I have heard that Lovell are particularly nasty when it comes to rapid CCJ applications at the end of statute barring time.

Or do I contact them with a repayment plan, or should I offer them a Full and Final, I reckon I could probably afford £555.

I don’t think a CCA applies here with it being an overdraft, is that correct?

Any help will be gratefully received.

Comment

I've tagged [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] or [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] who should be able to help when they can.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilltheblackcat View Post
        Hi, I am an ex compass victim, and as such have had to wrestle some control of my affairs back.

So I have got my Experian report and have noticed something bizarre, and wondering what it might mean.
        Lovell have just (end of feb) started to write to me about £1707 owing on a Barclays current account overdraft. This has been owing for at least 5 1/2 years, and I am fairly sure I personally have made no acknowledgment of the debt since entering my DMP with compass...., though it is real and i cant in conscience deny it. I think I know compass have paid nothing for this time, as when they rang me November time they were unable to find who to pay, and it didn't show on the statements over the years.

Anyway long story short, It has gone from a big row of red triangles and default balance £1707 to balance =0 still with red triangles this week.

What are the implications of the £1707 to £0? Does it mean I owe nothing and compass actually did pay something prior to the liquidation?

I am wary of approaching Lovell now as the balance has gone to zero, because I don't want it to shoot up again!

I have posted this here as it is not really related to Compass in the sense of their liquidation.
        Good morning Gill,

I suspect Lowell may have sold the debt hence the zero balance,.

I've seen 3-4 similar situations recently. Expect contact from another company in due course.

nem

Comment

I think I worked a few bits out. The date it went to zero appears to be in 2013, as that is the updated date, would that be correct?

Thus that means when it was sold on, I seem to remember this went through Sigma red amongst others, maybe RMA, but all paperwork was sent to compass.

Since the amount has not decreased, is it worth holding on for it to be statute barred? I have heard that Lovell are particularly nasty when it comes to rapid CCJ applications at the end of statute barring time.

Or do I contact them with a repayment plan, or should I offer them a Full and Final, I reckon I could probably afford £555.

I don’t think a CCA applies here with it being an overdraft, is that correct?

Any help will be gratefully received.
          That sounds fairly typical - they wait until near the end of the Statute Barred (SB) 6 years which prevents it being SB'd. I wouldn't offer the £555. Wait to see what happens. If it's Sigma Red, you probably won't get a reply. I've asked for a F&FS figure since they have not replied to my requests on time, and heard nothing. Don't jump the gun - they probably paid considerably less than £200 for your overdraft debt, particularly as it has been sold on more than once; they may well settle for less than £400. Wait and see.
          The usual principles apply. Only write to them. Don't talk to them on the phone, insist they only correspond in writing, and if you get too many phone calls tell them you will report them. Send everything by recorded delivery, and keep good file copies and records.
          Enjoy the game!:goodjob:Wingco
          Last edited by Wingco; 3rd April 2016, 10:49:AM. Reason: removed possibly incorrect advice about overdrafts

Comment

Amethyst - the clock on the website appears to be an hour out. wingco

Comment

Originally posted by Wingco View Post
              Correct here 1136hrs.

nem

Comment

@CYNthesys - Sygma Red knowledge

- - - Updated - - -

correct here 11.40

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                  Correct here 1136hrs.

nem
                  Your post shows it was made at 10:37 on my post! And this post shows it was made at 10:47 before you posted!

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                    @CYNthesys - Sygma Red knowledge

- - - Updated - - -

correct here 11.40
                    must be specific to my laptop - Mike, your post shows it was made at 10:40?

Comment

Clock on mobile site is GMT so it seems.
                      It's not with sygma now I don't think. Funny thing was I got a glut of letters from Lovell saying we want to understand why this debt has gone unpaid etc, about the time compass went or where going under so I assumed that it was connected, but seeing penny 0 has been paid I don't think it is.

Comment

Just checked your settings and your DST wasn't automatically detected - probably loads of peeps like that too. One of the great mysteries of the Vbulletin set up panels.... lol. Is it right now?
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It's not with sygma now I don't think. Funny thing was I got a glut of letters from Lovell saying we want to understand why this debt has gone unpaid etc, about the time compass went or where going under so I assumed that it was connected, but seeing penny 0 has been paid I don't think it is.
                          Nothing would surprise me with Compass - but I doubt they paid anything they didn't need to. Sorry to ask if already covered, but was this outside your Compass DMP and why?

Comment

If Compass did nothing with that debt, and Lowell had it since Nov 2013, then it could be stat barred in 6 months or so. However if compass were paying something minimal and hadn't stopped interest on it then it might not be stat barred for another 6 years. Without having the full list from Compass of what was paid to who and when, you're not going to know so you're working in the dark a little bit.

As an overdraft then no the CCA request won't apply, but Lowell quite often will settle at 50% paid over installments - rather than take court action.

I'd say send a subject access request to the Liquidators of compass but I don't think that will yeild much useful, particularly as they seem to have undertaken some quite serious shredding ( judging by the names on the creditors list )

Do Barclays or Lowell appear at all on the 'statements' you had from Compass ?
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Your post shows it was made at 10:37 on my post! And this post shows it was made at 10:47 before you posted!
                              Seems odd no doubt [MENTION=7]Tools[/MENTION] will sort it.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X