• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Extortionate charges Together /Lancashire Mortgage Company Blemain Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extortionate charges Together /Lancashire Mortgage Company Blemain Finance

Do you or have you had dealings with this company. Have you been charged extortionate fees. Time to challenge them. If you have let's get TOGETGER and challenge them. Inbox me.
    Tags: None

Re: Extortionate charges Together /Lancashire Mortgage Company Blemain Finance

Originally posted by Sickofbullies View Post
    Do you or have you had dealings with this company. Have you been charged extortionate fees. Time to challenge them. If you have let's get TOGETGER and challenge them. Inbox me.
    There's quite a few threads on these people take a look round and make yourself known.

nem

Comment

What a rip-off outfit. Extortionate charge are absolutely correct, any other industry would be prosecuted - where are trading standards? They successfully did for the banks and got them to reduce their punishment charges, why have they limited their operation to the banks, surely it should apply to all financial institutions?

I think the company should be renamed Together Ripoff.

They make calls to me and then charge me for the privilage. They are charging 13.4% on my mortgage that is 14 years old, when I only agreed to 8.4% when they changed the rate heaven knows. I have never received any notification, of that or indeed any of the charges they have levied, I only found out because I wanted to know the balance, only to be gob-smacked to find that my loan is now 50% larger than when I took it out 14 years ago.

No notification, no amendment regarding monthly repayments, indeed only a few months ago my repayment amount was confirmed by them, so no morals!

Comment

Have you been receiving annual statements giving all your payments / charges / interest applied to the account ?

Presumably the mortgage was a variable interest rate - capital repayment ?? so your payments should have changed as your interest rate went up? Do you have your original mortgage agreement to check ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hello Amethyst, in 14 years I have only received 2 statements that I can recall, both of which I had to ask for. The mortgage is on a parcel of land not a dwelling and I do not have a copy of the original mortgage agreement, my Wife having 'mislaid' it (we have been separated for over 6 years, I work abroad and don't live in the family home), it went missing along with many other important documents. I do believe that it was a variable rate repayment mortgage, so why has it only gone up and not down?

Comment

I would start getting your documents in order then before this runs out of control. Send a Subject Access Request to the mortgage company firstly - Subject Access Request Letter - ask for everything they hold as well as copy of the original mortgage agreement and terms and a full transaction list on the mortgage account from its inception.
            As it's not 40% dwelling land then as you know it falls outside of being a regulated mortgage contract.

They don't use the Bank of England rate for their interest rates at all, they make up their own interest rate, basically - but your payments should have changed to account for the changes in the interest rate, else more you are paying is going to interest, less to capital and hence overall you have more interest applied.

Ahh look
            If you have a variable rate mortgage, the interest rate can be varied for the duration of the mortgage or loan. We decide when and by how much the interest rate changes but we’ll only do so in response to changes in our funding costs. Your monthly payments will change with the rate, and we’ll tell you before any rate change.
            You need a copy of the original agreement so you can see exactly what you signed up for and if they have breached any terms by not adjusting your payment amount causing the increase overall.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I will do as you suggest re the SAR and see what I get. Regarding notifications, they have been conspicuous by their absence throughout the period of the loan. It is typical of our so called civilised country, that successive governments have failed to protection lenders from institutions such as this by continuing to allow them to endulge in legalised extortion. They won't be satified until the whole country goes bankrupt as a result of financial institutional greed.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X