• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Telling DCA of change of address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Telling DCA of change of address

Originally posted by CharlieP View Post
    @charitynjw I thinks there's a little confusion here. There is no court claim issued! The cabot debts are sitting in the credit file with an old address and I was concerned that we wouldn't know if they ever decide to send a court claim because it would not have got to her at her current address.
    Apologies, CharlieP (I skim-read, saw 'CCJ' &........:tinysmile_cry_t

Is there a Notice of Assignment on file (I guess not, but just crossing the T's)
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Is there a Notice of Assignment on file (I guess not, but just crossing the T's)
      No nothing, in fact it's fairly basic. I've removed the figures etc but the attached is all it shows and where it say's address it's an old previous address
      Attached Files

Comment

No nothing, in fact it's fairly basic
        The attachment would seem to indicate that Cabot bought the alleged debt around Sept/Oct 2015.
        That certainly would tally with their recent bulk purchases around that time.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

So shall I send a SAR which in turn will inform them of her current address?

Comment

So shall I send a SAR which in turn will inform them of her current address?
            Does the Noddle listing bother your friend/acquaintance?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Does the Noddle listing bother your friend/acquaintance?
              Only insomuch that we're trying to sort her life out and to obtain a ccj because she didn't respond to a Court Claim (as it was sent to the old address) just before the debt became SB'd would be a shame.

Comment

@charitynjw

It doesn't take much but I'm confuddled now lol. As I'm sure you're very busy kindly trying to advise so many, I'll just recap this thread to save you having to re-read it.

Debts showing on Credit File with the incorrect address.
                Concern over any court claim issued would result in a CCJ as we were not able to defend due to not receiving claim form

You earlier sent me a LB link showing how to send a SAR but then later said you thought that we had received a claim so I am wondering if the SAR is the best way forward.
                What do you think I should do?

Many thanks.
                CharlieP

Comment

@charitynjw

It doesn't take much but I'm confuddled now lol. As I'm sure you're very busy kindly trying to advise so many, I'll just recap this thread to save you having to re-read it.

Debts showing on Credit File with the incorrect address.
                  Concern over any court claim issued would result in a CCJ as we were not able to defend due to not receiving claim form

You earlier sent me a LB link showing how to send a SAR but then later said you thought that we had received a claim so I am wondering if the SAR is the best way forward.
                  What do you think I should do?

Many thanks.
                  CharlieP
                  Hi CharlieP

IMHO

You reckon it's close to SB? How close, & do you have proof?

(If it were me, & it's very close, I would stay schtum & wait for SB, as that is an absolute bar to enforcement.
                  Then I would sort it!)
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

You reckon it's close to SB? How close, & do you have proof?
                    Hi Charity, Thank you.
                    Apologies, I should have worded it better. It could be a whole year before it became SB'd and anytime between now and then she could obtain a CCJ if a CCC was submitted to the old address and we never knew.

Comment

Hi Charity, Thank you.
                      Apologies, I should have worded it better. It could be a whole year before it became SB'd and anytime between now and then she could obtain a CCJ if a CCC was submitted to the old address and we never knew.
                      Hi CharlieP

If you guys don't have any records on file, how do you know that it could be SB in a year or so's time?
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]

Sorry, pesky work got in the way.
                        In answer to your question, we don't for sure but she has stated she has not had anything to do with the account since before the default date showing in Noddle nor does she have statements going that far back.

CharlieP

Comment

Hi @charitynjw

Sorry, pesky work got in the way.
                          In answer to your question, we don't for sure but she has stated she has not had anything to do with the account since before the default date showing in Noddle nor does she have statements going that far back.

CharlieP
                          She could try her bank; they hold records way beyond 6 years ('tho they don't like to publicise the fact!)
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X