• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Telling DCA of change of address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telling DCA of change of address

Hi there,

I'm trying to assist someone through their panic of old debts. We have just checked her credit file with Noodle and whilst it shows no CCJs it does show a couple of old unknown credit card debts defaulted back in 2011. There has been no payments made or contact with the creditor (Cabot Marlin & Cabot Europe - are they the same people?) however the address they have it under is an old one and my concern is that if left and a CCC is sent there we wouldn't know which could result in a CCJ.

Any idea what the best thing to do is? If we write to them asking to send any correspondence to the correct address, doesn't that effect the possible statute barred status?

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Telling DCA of change of address

Send something like:
    Dear [Debt Collection Company],I am writing in response to a letter from you dated [dd/mm/yy], a copy is attached.
    If you have reason to believe that a valid debt exists and that the Debtor resides at this address, then please prove the debt in writing.
    You are prohibited by Law from continuing any collection activity until you have done so. Failure to obey the Law in this regard will render you liable to prosecution for harassment
    Your name

I see no reason why you cant ask them to send any correspondence in regards to "alleged debt", although don't mention the "alleged debt" word, so to speak. Just amend it where needed, sorry, children distracted me..

Comment

Thanks Beaconman. They haven't written to her as they have an old address which is showing on the credit file. We noticed the debt via the Noddle and wondered how we should contact them to submit a correct address.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieP View Post
        Hi there,

I'm trying to assist someone through their panic of old debts. We have just checked her credit file with Noodle and whilst it shows no CCJs it does show a couple of old unknown credit card debts defaulted back in 2011. There has been no payments made or contact with the creditor (Cabot Marlin & Cabot Europe - are they the same people?) however the address they have it under is an old one and my concern is that if left and a CCC is sent there we wouldn't know which could result in a CCJ.

Any idea what the best thing to do is? If we write to them asking to send any correspondence to the correct address, doesn't that effect the possible statute barred status?

Many thanks
        Hi CharlieP & welcome to LB

CM & CE are both in the same group of companies.

If it were me, I'd check to see when the alleged debts were last acknowledged by you (either by payment or in writing).

Then post back on this thread with an update, before writing to them (& poking the hornet's nest!)
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

[MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]

Thanks Charity. Yes poking the hornets nest was the reason for this thread.

We can't really say when these were last acknowledged. The default dates are 22/03/11 & 25/08/11 and it will be well before then but I assume they are not yet SB'd. No payment or correspondence has ever been made to a DCA

CharlieP

Comment

Yes, sorry. More info on the alleged debts then go from there. I made that mistake in 2006 by contacting certain companies. I was in a bad place with CF a few years ago and through this site, have fought 4 alleged debts and won. My CF is now green, green, green. Even recently won a dispute! Onwards and upwards...

- - - Updated - - -

Default dates the DCA's have are not necessarily the true default date... I would get this from the OC (if you can), never trust, ever, DCA's!

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ur-information
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thanks Charity,

So I just fire off a couple of SAR requests which will inform them of the change of address? I guess that this will then start an unavoidable barrage of DCA letters to the correct address but he ho

Comment

Funnily enough, I am having an issue with moor croft in relation to my oh. She emailed them this morning requesting in writing only , they have responded saying it does not meet the data protections act and require, account number etc..don't think so as she (we) have nothing! they are after her to admitting any liability of "something" that we have no idea about.
                  They called last evening at 8.20pm and again at 9am this morning. luckily enough I can block any number on landline and luckily enough my credit ratignimproved so got myself an iph6. can also block numbers on that..unlucky moor croft..

I actually think they access this forum as to get more info...

Comment

Yes I don't have any account numbers. The only thing Noddle shows is this sort of thing *****1234 0

I guess they won't comply with the SAR based on the lack of account numbers too. They will at least have the correct address though.

Will the £10 fee cover both accounts with Cabot Marlin and Cabot Europe?

Comment

Thanks Charity,

So I just fire off a couple of SAR requests which will inform them of the change of address? I guess that this will then start an unavoidable barrage of DCA letters to the correct address but he ho
                      The (one) SAR only goes to the original creditor.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by beaconsman View Post
                      Funnily enough, I am having an issue with moor croft in relation to my oh. She emailed them this morning requesting in writing only , they have responded saying it does not meet the data protections act and require, account number etc..don't think so as she (we) have nothing! they are after her to admitting any liability of "something" that we have no idea about.
                      They called last evening at 8.20pm and again at 9am this morning. luckily enough I can block any number on landline and luckily enough my credit ratignimproved so got myself an iph6. can also block numbers on that..unlucky moor croft..

I actually think they access this forum as to get more info...
                      Best to start your own thread, beaconsman.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

just delete it, have another battle at the mo.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                          The (one) SAR only goes to the original creditor
                          - - - Updated - - -
                          I don't know who the original creditor is! It's only showing as Cabot

Comment

- - - Updated - - -
                            I don't know who the original creditor is! It's only showing as Cabot
                            Get a copy of the Particulars of Claim from the court.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

[MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] I thinks there's a little confusion here. There is no court claim issued! The cabot debts are sitting in the credit file with an old address and I was concerned that we wouldn't know if they ever decide to send a court claim because it would not have got to her at her current address.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X