• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moorcroft Unauthorised Credit Search

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorcroft Unauthorised Credit Search

My bank, Halifax, passed a debt out for collection to a company called Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited.

This was for an unsecured personal loan.

They did a credit search without my permission.

I complained and asked them to remove it, they refused, not saying why exactly.

As they were only attempting to collect at the time, I thought DCA's were not allowed to do searches.

The debt has since been returned to Halifax.
    Tags: None

Re: Moorcroft Unauthorised Credit Search

Its one way of checking if you have anything worth chasing after all if you have a poor rating and loads of listed debt why bother trying to get you to pay might be the reason the debt was returned

Comment

Ive had 2 turn up out of the woodwork as I now have a green credit file. Lowest one is for £90 which I can prove does not even exist with bank statements, so they are screwed.
      Once in the headlights of DCA's, they will keep looking to get you again..thus ruining your credit file.

Comment

I can't understand why they did the search in the first place.

Halifax gave them my name and address so why search it?

Plus I was in correspondence with Halifax when the debt was passed out to Moorcroft.

Personally I cannot understand why Moorcroft wont remove the search.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X