• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excel Parking faulty machine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel Parking faulty machine

I appealed to Excel on the following grounds...

-The ticket machine would not accept all my coins for a one hour stay.
    -The only alternative machine was completely out of action (in fact it was covered in black polythene).
    -I didn't have my mobile phone with me to be able to report the faulty machine, as per instructions on the notice board.

Consequently, I left a note on my dashboard, stating that the machine would not accept all my coins.

However, the rejection letter from Excel disregarded most of the above, referring to my comments about the faulty machine, they said "should the machine fail to function correctly, this should be reported immediately on the Helpline number and another machine should be used to purchase a ticket. Our signs clearly display a Helpline telephone number for motorists to call should they encounter a situation such as the one you have described. Unfortunately, on this occasion you failed to utilise this whilst on site, and therefore suitable provisions could not be made for yourself."

This response totally disregards the fact that there WAS NO ALTERTIVE FUNCTIONING MACHINE and I HAD NO MOBILE PHONE ON ME.

As a genuine person who would never willfully have avoided paying, I feel this charge is grossly unfair. Any advice on how to proceed would be most appreciated.
    Last edited by J Holmes; 23rd March 2016, 18:53:PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    Tags: None

Re: Excel Parking faulty machine

Tagging [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] what forum do you want this moved to?

Comment

Re: Excel Parking faulty machine

Register an intent to appeal https://www.theias.org/userguide/article/57

Sadly as you told them who was driving it's harder.

When Excel reply let me know.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X