• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim from Parking Eye - **Please HELP***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Claim from Parking Eye - **Please HELP***

I received a claim no form on thurday from parking eye for 175 pounds.

I drove into a car park in Liverpool city centre around 4am to pick my nephew up from one of the clubs. the car park was partially full and the available spaces were by the entrance where there are few youths lurking around so I drove around instead hoping I will find a space that is lit and open or maybe they would leave. Neither of those happened so I left the car park after 11 minutes (didn't get out of my car throughout).

Two weeks later I received a letter from Parking eye requesting 100 pounds or 60 pounds if I pay within 2weeks so I wrote to them explaining the circumstances but had no response and I could not find a number to ring them on (the only number on the ticket is an automated pay line).

So I had the claims in the post on Thursday from them requesting 175 pounds .

Could some one advise me on how to defend the claim please??
    Tags: None

Re: County Court Claim from Parking Eye - **Please HELP***

@mystery1 .. Please can you help?

Comment

Sanitise the paperwork and post it up.

File acknowledgement of service.

M1

Comment

Daylight robbery is what it is i dont know how they get away with it

Comment

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]..Apologies for the delay , I have not been too well.

I have file the AoS and attached below the parking charge and claim form
          Attached Files

Comment

I'll get back to you soon.

M1

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by fronty22 View Post
                Thank you
                Try this as part of your defence

There is by common agreement and understanding, a 'grace' period at the beginning of the parking event to allow a driver to find a space, and then familiarise themselves with the terms of the site. There is again a second mandatory 'grace' period of 10 minutes at the end of parking for a driver to leave site. This is contained in their Trade Associations "Code of Practice". Both these grace periods are in widespread use and we would argue that the Claimant is being disingenuous in claiming their ANPR systems measure parking as the cameras cannot decide the exact point the contract was formed. The grace periods are an accepted way of making allowances for this - unless the contrary can be proven.
                disingenuous = taking the p**s
                Not here a lot but you'll find me on Pepipoo.

Comment

With my fine i drove in and out twice while waiting for my kids drove around car park never got out but they have me going in first time and out 2nd time not the inbetween looks better for them.....so i will be bringing all of this up if i get taken to court just a bunch of daylight robbers they should all be locked up :-)

Comment

fronty22def.odt

Edit to suit.

M1

Comment

Thank you [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION].

I have edited the document so that it is applicable to my case however I have not deleted any of the points raised. Hope this is ok?

Also the paragraph after paragraph 7 is not clear to me .. can you help with that please?

Thank you for your help once again

Comment

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] ... Would you mind me posting the final version (sanitised of course) for you have a perusal before I send it please ?

Thank you

Comment

Now you point it out maybe swap "parked" for "was" so that it reads that the vehicle was in an area.

Essentially making a distinction between Beavis which was a free carpark to this one which is, according to the claim form, a pay and display car park.

M1

- - - Updated - - -

@mystery1 ... Would you mind me posting the final version (sanitised of course) for you have a perusal before I send it please ?

Thank you
                          No skin of my nose

M1

Comment

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] - Thank you

I have changed "parked" to "was". Is it ok to send it on now ?

Apologies for being a pain in the a***, this is my first experience of dealing with a claims court.

Comment

@mystery1 - Thank you

I have changed "parked" to "was". Is it ok to send it on now ?

Apologies for being a pain in the a***, this is my first experience of dealing with a claims court.

No worries, you ask away.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X