• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Traceydc - 1st Credit Bankruptcy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Traceydc - 1st Credit Bankruptcy

Good morning everyone, thanks for all the replies. Sorry to sound so stupid, but does this mean with or without the CCA can 1st Credit still take some sort of proceedings against me? I plan to offer a F&F eventually, but thought if I could perhaps negotiate a lower settlement due to them being unable to enforce the debt, they may be more inclined to accept 1? Sorry to come over so silly!! Tracey

Comment

First Credit could very well issue you with a statutory demand for bankruptcy. If this happens you can easily defend it, probably with help from a solicitors firm if it comes to it. (at no cost)

Once served with a statutory demand you would have 21 days to apply to set it aside. It in itself does NOT mean bankruptcy but it would need proper handling.
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Traceydc View Post
        Good morning everyone, thanks for all the replies. Sorry to sound so stupid, but does this mean with or without the CCA can 1st Credit still take some sort of proceedings against me? I plan to offer a F&F eventually, but thought if I could perhaps negotiate a lower settlement due to them being unable to enforce the debt, they may be more inclined to accept 1? Sorry to come over so silly!! Tracey
        1st Credit have since the option became available become quite adept at producing " reconstituted" agreements.

They have been known to use SD's as a method of debt collection and regulators have been involved in the past.

nem

Comment

Thank you Celestine, I know its no excuse to be in debt, but I'm disabled & home has been adapted to accommodate my disability. I am trying to negotiate with all my creditors to hopefully clear the debt with F&Fs. These letters have just caused a lot of worry. I will copy your letter & send it to 1st Credit. I plan on sending proof of my disability when I eventually ask for their consideration in a settlement offer. If I wasn't disabled I would have paid all creditors in full, however I really don't want to risk losing my home & any possibility they may be able to push for it. Thank you for all your responses, I feel much better knowing there are steps I can take.

Comment

Celestine
            Thank you for the clarification on SD's and Bankruptcy and merging the threads , much clearer now
            IMHO it is quite borderline as to what there intention is, no doubt they will argue that they are only listing the possible final outcome although I think we agree that it is clearly a threat.
            i wonder how they assess ability to pay, do they use zoopla to value the property

nemesis
            I had not mentioned a SD only the formal process of bankruptcy

Comment

Crikey, I didn't realise, I'm sorry to hear of your struggle. xxx

OK, this actually makes a difference, I settled many cases with vulnerable clients purely down to their illness and disability. Many creditors will be very supportive especially if the information is presented properly.

I'd suggest a significant addition to the earlier letter I suggested, detailing all your health worries. Enclose a doctors letter and a letter confirming your benefits entitlement. (Not how much you receive)

I'm off out for the rest of the day, but I think I might be able to help you put together a case and if need be, I'll speak to First Credit on your behalf? I have lots of experience speaking with them and they can be reasonable if we deal with things correctly.

If you like, private message me your contact details and we can have a chat?

xxx
              "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Tracey
                Please do not blame yourself for being in debt
                Remember that the whole world is in debt be it personal or as part of a national debt

Things change and people can not afford to keep up repayments
                I think the fact that you are disabled and have adapted your home are very relevant
                [MENTION=2]Celestine[/MENTION]
                What do you think, should that be put in the letter now ?
                my personal opinion is that they should know now because they should then treat you in a slightly more considerate way

Comment

Would a court accept a reconstituted agreements? I have read a few conflicting posts? Sorry for ignorance, but what is SD's? what would be a probable outcome if regulators are involved? Sorry to be bombarding you with all these questions, would just like to be for warned. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                    Celestine
                    Thank you for the clarification on SD's and Bankruptcy and merging the threads , much clearer now
                    IMHO it is quite borderline as to what there intention is, no doubt they will argue that they are only listing the possible final outcome although I think we agree that it is clearly a threat.
                    i wonder how they assess ability to pay, do they use zoopla to value the property

nemesis
                    I had not mentioned a SD only the formal process of bankruptcy

Yes it is entirely possible that it is an empty threat presented as a range of options they could use to enforce. Unfortunately, I have a feeling First Credit are viewing the increase in the threshold as an opportunity to BR 5k+ debts.
                    I used to work as a consumer credit litigator and we saw hundreds of Lowell/Cabot/1st Cred stat demands which we easily set aside in every single case. As the rules tightened most DCAs stopped using SD's and BR, but there is no doubt at all that it certainly gets the debtors attention.

In this case, setting it aside (IF that happens) would be extremely easy, but hopefully we can avoid any of that happening in the first place.

Comment

Would a court accept a reconstituted agreements? I have read a few conflicting posts? Sorry for ignorance, but what is SD's? what would be a probable outcome if regulators are involved? Sorry to be bombarding you with all these questions, would just like to be for warned. Thanks
                      Highly unlikely on a 2004 agreement, they'd really need to find a proper copy with the correct T&Cs.

SD = Statutory Demand (the 1st step of bankruptcy proceedings)

No need or likelihood of regulators being involved at all.

Comment

SD=Statutory demand and is a step in the process of making your bankrupt
                        If you receive one you will know as I believe it has to be hand delivered and quite clear

When was the account opened
                        A court will accept a recon as a reply to a cca request however if it is pre april 2007 they would also need to prove on balance that you signed such a document

Comment

I know I keep saying this, but thank you all, really, really grateful Tracey

Comment

Account was opened 2005, its balance stands at 6049, it was suggested I pay 1040 to bring it below 5000? I was hoping to offer this as a F&F to them. Thanks everyone for clarifying the various abbreviations, I really am naïve when it comes to all this!s

Comment

Account was opened 2005, its balance stands at 6049, it was suggested I pay 1040 to bring it below 5000? I was hoping to offer this as a F&F to them. Thanks everyone for clarifying the various abbreviations, I really am naïve when it comes to all this!s
                              Don't send any money until you have their written agreement to the F&F.

nem
                              Last edited by Amethyst; 20th March 2016, 15:04:PM. Reason: removed duplicate

Comment

Dear everyone. Just a little update on my situation. Thanks to Celestine's help & being my advocate, this case has been totally turned around. I am no longer worried about the outcome as Celestine has taken it all away!! Thank you so much Kate, I really don't have the words to express my gratitude enough! So glad I was directed to the site, you have achieved more in a few days, than my DMC achieved in 10 years!! Sorry to repeat myself, but THANK YOU!!!!!!!! Stress free Easter, 1st in a long, long time. Happy Easter everyone Tracey xxx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X