• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice - Link and an old MBNA Credit Card - Paperwork correct?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice - Link and an old MBNA Credit Card - Paperwork correct?

Hi,

I have recently received from Link a reply to my CCA request for an MBNA credit card from April 1997. I ran into financial troubles in 2007 and was making a nominal reduced payment until 2012, when I stopped paying. I just wondered - they maintain this is my statement - but I know that the figure was no way near that much at the time of my financial difficulties. Is there anything I can do to 1) find out the real amount owing, rather than fictitious charges added to this account to beef it up and 2) is this all the paper work I should be expecting from my CCA request? 3) Also I notice that on the agreement they have a different address for me than the application form - is that right producing paperwork 8 years later? Any help at all would be gratefully received.... Thanks!

I used this CCA request... This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide. I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If this debt has been sold, please supply me with a signed true copy of the deed of assignment of the above referenced agreement that you allege exists. You are notified that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not under S189 of the CCA 1974.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties. Non-compliance with my request is a criminal offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Advice - Link and an old MBNA Credit Card - Paperwork correct?

Have you checked if your credit report shows anything helpful?

You can make a Data Protection Act request to both Link and MBNA to supply you with full statements, it doesn't matter if they are older than 6 years, if they hold the data, they should supply it, after all, they've managed to dig out 20 yr old agreements which at a cursory glance looks solid. (Often happens with older debts, back when they knew how to keep proper records, the wild west years were 98-2008.)

So, the debt is probably enforceable, not time barred and therefore you will probably need to restart some sort of payments. If you can work out how much is charges that can be used a starting point to negotiate downwards.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thanks Celestine, I should have a copy of a credit report from years ago... I will dig it out.

As the debt has already been on my credit file for 6 years, am I right in thinking it can't go back on? - and when I make a new agreement with Link, will this show up on my credit report?

Comment

That is correct, once its been on your credit file for 6 years it won't go back on.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X