• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Compass debt company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Compass debt company

hmmm. So you were paying £6.47 a month to the Cabot debt ( of about £4k) and there were no other letters about it between October and November. The October statement doesn't show a balance of each debt. You were paying £200 a month TO Compass and only £48.11 was going to creditors.

October shows your pot balance was just over £7k and outstanding debt was about £14k ( going from Nov's statement ).

So IF they had paid that Cabot debt of £4k your pot balance would be £3k and outstanding debt £10k.

Very unclear statements and communications from Compass, I'm not surprised no one had a clue where they stood with anything.

do you know what that £580 Refund of Withdrawal Fees is ?

Anyway on the Cabot subject, you will need to either ring them ( if you are comfortable doing so) or write to them with something like the following;

Dear Cabot,

REF: 3xxxxxxx

Thank you for your recent letter regarding the closure of the Debt Management company, Compass Debt Counsellors.

I am concerned that your letter states an outstanding balance of £3903.44. In November 2015 I was notified that the account had been settled, I enclose a copy of that notification for your reference.

I would be grateful if you could check your records and send me a full statement of the account detailing all payments made to your company, and any charges/interested charged by yourselves since XXXDATE YOU SET UP DMPXXXX with regards this debt, in order I may assess my options going forwards.

Thank you for confirming the account has been placed on hold for three months, I am in contact with Stepchange and am currently gathering the information from my creditors and I hope to get things back up and running within the next two months.

Kind regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Unlimited5 View Post
      They quoted me £100 a month over 12 months but the the paperwork showed £200 a month over 12 months. They promised to resend paperwork but never did.

- - - Updated - - -

i only have view profile and view forum posts??
      PM's only available after 3 posts ( and half hour or so for the forum to update - should be available shortly )
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Mmm black bar at top of any forum page click 'Notifications', 'Inbox' then 'send new message' and type in his name as the recipient.

Comment

I had cause to withdraw some of the funds sometime ago and they charged me for it because I didnt repay it within a timescale so I created a bit and they refunded the charges, I was with them for 10 years. Their paperwork is awful.

Comment

They quoted me £100 a month over 12 months but the the paperwork showed £200 a month over 12 months. They promised to resend paperwork but never did.

- - - Updated - - -

Makes me cross. Same service provided to everyone and people paying anything between £100 and £400 a month just completely reliant on what was being paid to Compass - which was just calculated from disposable income. Ridiculous.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Sounds like even they were scamming vulnerable people!!!

Comment

I had cause to withdraw some of the funds sometime ago and they charged me for it because I didnt repay it within a timescale so I created a bit and they refunded the charges, I was with them for 10 years. Their paperwork is awful.
                So they let you withdraw funds from the pot and repay it by a certain date or they charged you a late repayment fee ? I havent heard of anyone else doing that , They really just made crap up as they went along. Can I ask how much you withdrew and how long for - also how long you were late paying it back in ?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

how do i send a private message?

- - - Updated - - -

how do i private message you wingco?
                  If you click on my site name "Wingco" it should give you the option to Private message me. You normally have to have made 3 posts first but you have done that, so hopefully it should work. Not obvious, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    Makes me cross. Same service provided to everyone and people paying anything between £100 and £400 a month just completely reliant on what was being paid to Compass - which was just calculated from disposable income. Ridiculous.
                    There were 2 people at the Liquidation meeting who were paying £1000 per month. I must set up my own fee-paying DMP. Might call it "The Money Pit". You just send out rubbish statements each month, allude to a 'pot' or 'balance' send out some CCAs, and the money rolls in.

I'm off to the Porsche showroom next week to order my new car if it works! The DMP that is, not the Porsche.
                    Shylock Wingco

Comment

I took out £4000 and I needed it for about three weeks, I repaid it but outside of their timescale. It was only when i had a statement through showing a debit to my pot that I knew about it. I emailed them stating that I was told at any time throughout my agreement that the pot was mine and I could use it as I see fit by Mark. There was never any mention of a charge. I also don't have any signed agreement with them and I dont recall ever signing one. Mind you it was 10 years ago now so I may have done???

Comment

Blimey, is there anything in their T&Cs about borrowing your own pot money and being penalised for a late repayment?

Comment

Does anyone know where I can get a CCA request template?

- - - Updated - - -

Cant see anything as someone already said I think they made it up as they went along.

Comment

I took out £4000 and I needed it for about three weeks, I repaid it but outside of their timescale. It was only when i had a statement through showing a debit to my pot that I knew about it. I emailed them stating that I was told at any time throughout my agreement that the pot was mine and I could use it as I see fit by Mark. There was never any mention of a charge. I also don't have any signed agreement with them and I dont recall ever signing one. Mind you it was 10 years ago now so I may have done???
                            I suppose one day I'll stop being suprised at the absolutely terrible way this company was run and the utter lack of regulatory input from the OFT and FCA
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Does anyone know where I can get a CCA request template?

- - - Updated - - -

Cant see anything as someone already said I think they made it up as they went along.
                              http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...y-of-Agreement = CCA

If sending to Cabot for that repaid debt - do it under separate cover, and leave it a couple days after sending the letter about the debt being paid off - just so they don't start being defensive.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

I have sent the email that you very kindly wrote for me and included the Compass letter and Cabot demand. They have emailed back saying for security reasons they will respond by post.

Thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X