• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

In court today for Stat dec

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In court today for Stat dec

Hi,

I moved house 6 months ago. At the time we sent off the v5 docs to DVLA to change address of our 2 cars.

We received 1 V5 doc back for 1 car but not the other. We then waited a few weeks, contacted DVLA, who said they hadn't received it and then sent us another form to fill in (and waived the 20 quid fee - i have a letter stating on this occasion the fee will not need to be paid)...then a month or so later we got the 2nd v5 doc. So from my point of view DVLA lost the v5 doc.

In-between this time of waiting for 2nd v5 doc to arrive i was caught on speed camera speeding...but we never received any letters on this as all went to old address.
    So then in December i get a letter stating a court hearing had been heard without my presence (i knew nothing about this) and im being fined 900 quid and 6 points on my license...So i called and made them aware of situation and they said i need to go to court and basically say not guilty.
    So i did this, but pleaded guilty to the speeding offense. I then got 3 points and a 300 quid fine...i wasnt expecting the fine!

Now, i have received another letter for exactly the same thing. This time it was my wife speeding. So today we have to go to court and go through the whole thing again i.e. twice in as many months

The thing which im not getting my head around is all these speeding offences took place before my last court appearance...

So why am i now having to go to court again. Why wasnt it all wrapped up i one.
    The court hearings where i wasnt present as i knew nothing about it was at a time AFTER my v5 doc had been returned so DVLA / police had my up-to-date address and had they sent out letters i would have known about this.

AND how do the DVLA get away with this...they lost one of the v5 docs we sent...however i cant prove this...but its unlikely the Royal Mail lost it...especially as we sent both v5 docs in at the same time initially and got 1 of them back.

SO, can anyone advise how i get around getting another court fine again...my wife accepts the speeding offence and will plead guilty to that...

Im just wanting to know WHAT to say to judge i.e. can i blame the DVLA, or do i just tell the judge what i've said above and hope he/she is forgiving enough to just give 3 points and initial speeding fine (think its 60 quid)?

Any help will be great.

Thanks.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X