• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Premier Parking Solutions PCN - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier Parking Solutions PCN - won

Hello Beagles!
    I live in a private area where each household gets one parking space. Recently our landlord decided to hire PPS to get rid off non-residents from parking in our area and also to stop others from parking in dodgy places where they were blocking other cars and I totally agree with that. However, we have two cars and sometimes trying to find a parking spot near us is a bit of a nightmare therefore I asked my neighbour, who doesn't own a car, if I can park on her space and she agreed to that. Yesterday I got to my car and I noticed a red envelope attached to my window with a PCN inside it. It states I received it for 'unauthorised parking', no one else received one but me and no one in the area has permits so there's no way for them to know whether the parking space belongs to me or not.
    After I got home I decided to send them an email to appeal against their £100 fine.
    Dear Sir or Madam,

Ticket number: 1065757
    Vehicle registration number: RY04MDK

You issued me with a parking ticket on 07/03/2016 but I believe it was unfairly and unlawfully issued. I will not be paying your demand for payment for the following reasons:

• The alleged contravention did not occur

Quite simply, the parking attendant got it wrong and the vehicle was not parked inappropriately at the time the ticket was issued. You issued a ticket for supposedly breaking your parking restrictions yet the vehicle was actually parked within a designated parking space, the car is registered at Brittany Street therefore I do not see how unauthorised parking applies in this scenario.

The charge is disproportionate and not commercially justifiable

The amount you have charged is not based upon any commercially justifiable loss to your company or the landowner.

If you choose to pursue me please be aware that I will not enter into any correspondence and this will be the only letter you will receive from me until you answer the specific points raised in my letter.

Yours faithfully,

This is what I received today and I don't know where to take it from here.
    At this stage of the appeal process we can only deal directly with the driver of the vehicle during the parking period. Please confirm that you were the driver at the material time so that we may progress this appeal further. If you were not the driver please come back to us within 7 days providing the name and serviceable UK address of the driver.

In accordance with the Data Protection Act and the guidelines set out by our accredited trade association (ATA), we are only permitted to discuss this matter with the driver at this stage.

Please be aware that we require a serviceable UK postal address from the driver which we have not received to date. Please forward your address to us as soon as possible. In the absence of a serviceable UK address, we reserve the right to apply to the DVLA for registered keeper details.

You should be aware that if the driver fails to acknowledge their liability in relation to this matter, the registered keeper of the vehicle may become liable to pay any unpaid charges in accordance with the Protection of Freedom Act 2012.

Thank you
    Premier Parking Solutions Ltd.

Last edited by kuba354; 8th March 2016, 18:46:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Premier Parking Solutions PCN

What does your lease say ? (probably the same as your neighbours)

M1

Comment

The lease states we own the house and the parking space assigned to it. We bought the house 6 years ago, when it was built, PPS has been in charge of the parking area for a month now. I'll look through the lease when I get home, anything specific you want me to look for? Btw thanks for your response ☺

Comment

Whether a resident has a right to a specific space, particularly if any payment is made and if the management have a right to alter the terms of parking.

M1

Comment

The document is bigger than the bible haha, some of the pages have faded but I found a point which states "If the Management Company company considers it prudent to do so for the benefit of the unit holders as a class or for the more efficient management of the estate it may withhold, add to or vary the Services or the means by which they are provided" I'm not sure if this is related to this matter.

Comment

The lease states we have a 250 year lease for the area marked in blue, as you can tell it also includes the parking space behind my house.
            "Twenty houses (including mine and my neighbour's) have a parking space within the boundaries of their demise rather than an alloted parking space. These houses, therefore, do not contribute towards the cleaning and maintenance costs of these spaces"
            Last edited by kuba354; 9th March 2016, 00:38:AM.

Comment

Wait for the notice to keeper which should take at least 28 days but no ore than 56.

M1

Comment

*deleted*
                Last edited by kuba354; 9th March 2016, 07:26:AM.

Comment

Thank you! Shall I not reply to their email then? Also, what happens once I receive the notice to keeper and is it better to not park in that spot until I receive it?

Comment

No because they say they will only deal with the driver and we wish to deal with it as registered keeper. We then appeal.

I would say it's best not to park there if you're going to keep getting tickets. If you get a permit fine, not that you appear to need one, but sometimes making life easier is the way to go.

M1

Comment

I'll email the management company to see if they can supply me with a permit and out of curiosity what is the reason that it is flawed?

Comment

Thought I'd post this as it might be helpful. Also as I said before, there were other cars parked, including my second car, no one has a permit and I'm the only person with a ticket. I could be jumping to conclusion but I think one of the nosy neighbours decided to call PPS to let them know I'm not parked in my own space.

Comment

Well until we see it we can't be 100% sure but usually the period of parking for starters.

M1

Comment

Heard back from the managing company today
                            No there is no requirement for permits to park in spaces, the parking enforcement is limited to cars being parked outside of an allocated parking space.

Comment

Well that's handy since it's completely different to the sign

Let me know when the ticket arrives.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X