• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice regarding a on going debt.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice regarding a on going debt.

Hello , I've been reading this forum for several week with great interest. The advice on here is fantastic and the forum beagles.

I could do with some advice regarding a debt with Lloyds Bank from 2001. I was paying a monthly amount for a few years. As time went by I decided to question the amount outstanding.
    The letter arrived with a figure that didn't ring true and they couldn't explain what it was for. At this point I stopped payments.
    Twelve months later I had my first letter from a Debt Collection Agency, which is when I fired off a CCA request. This has been repeated by a further 3 Agencies,all have tried the usual template letters.

However the last one sent me some info on fake Lloyds headed paper. It states

Loan Provided: Unavailable
    Loan Amount : Unavailable
    Interest Rate: 0%
    Terms of Agreement: Unavailable

My question is can I get this debt removed so DCA don't contact me in the future. There is nothing on my Credit report so that's clean.

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Advice regarding a on going debt.

Roundtree - the big boys will be on here soon to help you out.

In the meantime us junior members will try and help by asking you a few questions so that when the big boys arrive they can get straight to your query!!

I was paying a monthly amount for a few years. As time went by I decided to question the amount outstanding. The letter arrived with a figure that didn't ring true and they couldn't explain what it was for. At this point I stopped payments
    When did you stop making payments? Are you aware of a judgement against you for this debt?

I had my first letter from a Debt Collection Agency, which is when I fired off a CCA request. This has been repeated by a further 3 Agencies,all have tried the usual template letters.
    Have you written to Lloyds or just the DCA? What was the response.

This has been repeated by a further 3 Agencies, all have tried the usual template letters.
    Not sure what you mean here. Are you saying three separate agencies have written to you? Can you say who and when?

Comment

Thanks Ripped- Off

Last payment was made June 2013 via payment book. I have no judgement for the debt.
      I never received a reply from Lloyds to my letter.

Yes ,Wescot(2014), Lowell(2014),Robinson Way(2015) and PRA Group(2016)

Sorry I was wrong, it was Wescot who sent me the the Lloyds information.

Comment

I'm a little surprised that no one has yet offered any help to you.

From what you say, you are being chased by a DCA for a debt that goes back to 2001, to which you serviced by making payments up to 2013. That must have been some debt! Presumably it is one that is covered by the Consumer Credit Act 1974?

When you stopped making payments, 3 separate agencies chased you at consecutive periods. That suggest they have sold on the debt. If that is correct then you should have received a notice of assignment. Firstly, from Lloyds & Wescot, then Lowell, then Robinson, and finally PRA group. Your original agreement should contain a clause about assignment but you don't have a copy do you? None of the DCA's appear to have filed a claim with the court because you haven't had a default judgement made against you and you are not aware of any current claim being made in the court.

Finally, when you say 'get the debt removed' I doubt that will be possible. As far as the law is concerned (and I am open to correction here) you are liable for the debt until it is either paid off, until it becomes statute barred or until you successfully contest a claim when one eventually arrives.

If you want to request the CCA again then see the link at the top of the page under Court Claims, it contains a template letter. If you send any money for the CCA make sure you tell them what you are sending and why, otherwise they may use the money to service the debt and the limitation clock will be re-set. If your default occurred sometime in 2013, when you stopped paying, they probably have around 3 years remaining to file a claim. Keep copies of and record everything you send.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X