• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell reporting to CRA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell reporting to CRA

Hi
    Just a quick question

If a debt purchaser has written telling you that

While it is still our belief that the outstanding balance in due and owing, I have taken the decision to close your account. This is done without any admission of liability or wrongdoing.This means that we will no longer contact you regarding this account.
    Does this still give them the right to keep recording a default on your credit file.

This letter was written in December 2014 and I have only just seen that they were reporting it as being in default as of Jan 16

Its not a great problem for me as I have one other default on my file but I was just curious
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell reporting to CRA

Originally posted by Noah View Post
    Hi
    Just a quick question

If a debt purchaser has written telling you that

Does this still give them the right to keep recording a default on your credit file.

This letter was written in December 2014 and I have only just seen that they were reporting it as being in default as of Jan 16

Its not a great problem for me as I have one other default on my file but I was just curious
    Unfortunately yes they can report to CRA's as Lowell did not originate the default which was placed by the original creditor they will not remove it
    and it continues to be on credit files until the 6th anniversary of the default when it is removed paid or not.

The debt purchasers decision to close the file is probably a commercial decision base on the possible costs of collection/ litigation and does
    not alter the fact an account was defaulted and remains unpaid.

nem

Comment

Do you belive the debt or account is not yours, or that the dates used are inaccurate?

Comment

Thanks

No it is my debt however Lowells closed the account possibly because the CCA request was incomplete and the Default Notice was not in the correct format and would not have satisfied a court , or at least that is what i told them

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
          Do you belive the debt or account is not yours, or that the dates used are inaccurate?
          Originally posted by Noah View Post
          Thanks

No it is my debt however Lowells closed the account possibly because the CCA request was incomplete and the Default Notice was not in the correct format and would not have satisfied a court , or at least that is what i told them
          And?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

And what?

Comment

Are the dates they've used for the default etc accurate?

Comment

Sorry to be honest I had never really looked.
                The letter entitled notice of default was dated 9th sept 2011 and gave me until 29th sept . It reads as if there should have been something with it but there wasn't. I stapled the envelope to the letter and saved it.
                The default recorded was 31st Jan 2012. It's only a couple of months wrong.
                It was sold in Feb 2013

Comment

OK. Had to check, as Lowells, at least in the past, played funny games with putting default dates more recent than they should be. A few months out is probably within guidelines.

Comment

Thanks Nibbler
                    The letter was a bit odd in that it gave the amount I needed to pay and a date to pay it but also said 'We enclose a formal notice of default issued in accordance with the consumer credit act'

It wouldn't surprise me if at some point Lowell try to sell the account on but I will deal with that as necessary

Comment

DOnt worry, Lowlifes have done the same thing to me, although it is THE last default on my cf. Vanquish are refusing to repay me the horrific charges levied not he account, so am fighting that one, they dont seem to figure that by paying the charges back, will in essence write the debt off! Maybe why they are being stubborn..onwards and upwards..

Comment

A Default placement ( Registering it with Credit Reference Agencies can be up to 6 month after a DN is issued.

nem

Comment

Although still on my CF, now shows as settled (06-11-15) Now chasing Vanquish for re imbursement.

No more! yey!..lol

Only 3 showing on my CF now, all active, all in Green!

Comment

And what if you have never even had a DN?

Comment

Receiving a DN and it appearing on your credit file are two different things

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X