• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Estate accounts refused

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Estate accounts refused

Now now, boys; play nice! (that's not a observation, just a distant memory).
    Thanks all for the replies, but they're mostly clear as mud to a lay person I'm afraid.
    Valuation of house contents was ~£650, for probate purposes, by local auction house, but he insists there were 'valuable' items of which he needs to know the whereabouts; no other siblings claim any knowledge of any such items, and appear to be happy with my conduct of the administration.

-#11 1): never gonna happen
    2) '...for as long as it takes...' : fills me with dread
    3) he in effect has 'renounced'; verbally, by phone as some kind of twisted protest; also, did not provide when requested by the solicitor, copy of birth certificate; bank account details into which the estate share could be paid, or even a contact phone number, although he then proceeded to ring the solicitor about once a week asking yet more (actually spurious) questions as, presumably, a delaying (and expensive) tactic.
    Solicitor's statement was that they, as a firm, could not hold the share indefinitely, and gave me the responsibility of opening the account where it sits to this day.

Over two and a half years after our Dad died, I have no energy left to care one way or the other. He's the eldest, and perhaps should have taken charge of the process. I'd thought about it, I would cheerfully have paid some firm £xxxx to deal with the whole thing.

Comment

Re: Estate accounts refused

Originally posted by TheRaven View Post
      Now now, boys; play nice! (that's not a observation, just a distant memory).
      Thanks all for the replies, but they're mostly clear as mud to a lay person I'm afraid.
      Valuation of house contents was ~£650, for probate purposes, by local auction house, but he insists there were 'valuable' items of which he needs to know the whereabouts; no other siblings claim any knowledge of any such items, and appear to be happy with my conduct of the administration.

-#11 1): never gonna happen
      2) '...for as long as it takes...' : fills me with dread
      3) he in effect has 'renounced'; verbally, by phone as some kind of twisted protest; also, did not provide when requested by the solicitor, copy of birth certificate; bank account details into which the estate share could be paid, or even a contact phone number, although he then proceeded to ring the solicitor about once a week asking yet more (actually spurious) questions as, presumably, a delaying (and expensive) tactic.
      Solicitor's statement was that they, as a firm, could not hold the share indefinitely, and gave me the responsibility of opening the account where it sits to this day.

Over two and a half years after our Dad died, I have no energy left to care one way or the other. He's the eldest, and perhaps should have taken charge of the process. I'd thought about it, I would cheerfully have paid some firm £xxxx to deal with the whole thing.
      It must be very stressful and annoying for you, to be in the situation you are. Is it only a small amount of money that he has refused? I note you say the care home fees are £20,000 each year, which I presume will come from the sale of the property, the main estate's asset I also presume. If you, the family know there were no valuable items in the house well they're the facts.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X