• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax/moorcroft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax/moorcroft

So, to make it brief...

I've used this forum before and had much success using advice gleaned from it. In short, I no longer work due to a health condition that will NOT change, as consequence I'm now in receipt of benefit.

I had an overdraft with HALIFAX bank, about 16 months ago I paid a lump off it which brought the balance down to £1750. The account isn't used (I use a basic acc for benefit payment). Since then I've had about four letters of HALIFAX and I've responded to each one via phonecall. They've asked about my income, I've told them, and - I'm aware this sounds odd - they then told me to ignore the letters as the account was on hold for the foreseeable future. I even offered to pay nominal, monthly payments of £5 to lower the balance. They said not to, don't worry, on hold and to notify them if any change...

So yesterday, quite out the blue, I received a letter from them telling me the account is now with MOORCROFT and I need to contact them to arrange a repayment plan.

Just curious if anyone has any thoughts on this. I've had dealings with (and had accounts wiped via MOORCROFT). I don't intend contacting MOORCROFT any time soon and I'm wondering should I contact HALIFAX and explain what they'd advised me. My financial situation won't change in the near future and they've been made aware of this already.

Thanks in advance

A.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X