• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

GMAC VT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GMAC VT

Hi Rob received this this morning, what's the next step?

I write with reference to the above matter and further to your email below, the contents of which have been noted.

After personal review of your Vehicle Inspection Report I can confirm that all damages present on the vehicle are outside of our client’s fair wear and tear guidelines.

In respect of the all the damages to your vehicle I can confirm that, as stated within our clients fair wear and tear guidelines, if chips or scratches have exposed primer or bare metal, or fall outside of 25mm, some form of repair will be required to the vehicle. As all of the scratches on your vehicle have exposed the bare metal underneath the paintwork, these costs will remain payable and due.

I can also confirm that Manheim Inspection Services inspect the vehicle to British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (‘BVRLA’) standards. Damages are charged at the official BVRLA rate.

Vehicles returned with damages decreases the value of the car and this increases our client’s loss when the vehicle is sold. These repairs are therefore legally rechargeable under the Terms and Conditions as recompense for the loss in value and also under Sections 99(2) and 100(4) of the Consumer Credit Act.

With the information above I can confirm that you remain fully liable for the current outstanding liability of £278.00 for all damages present on the VIR report.

However in a view to come to an early and satisfactory conclusion and as a gesture of good will, I can confirm that I am able to offer you a discount towards the repair costs reducing the outstanding balance to £200.00 in full and final settlement.

This payment would need to be made in cleared funds to the office within 30 days of the date of this email.

Please be advised if this payment is not made by 8 May 2016, the settlement offer will become null and void and your full outstanding balance of £278.00 will become payable and due.

If you are unable to make the above payment, please contact the office on 03700 863355 to discuss alternate payment methods towards the full outstanding balance.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Comment

Is that from Shoosmiths? Are you prepared to defend this at court?
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Yeah it's from shoosmiths, I'm expecting my first child in August so I'd rather not have the stress of going to court

Comment

Well you can either ignore them and see whether they take you to court or pay up. There's no point in me helping you out if you aren't willing to fight it as we are wasting both our times.

You would have a good chance of success in defending this. I don't think they will take you to court as it is not commercially viable for them to do so but the decision is yours.

EDIT your alternative is to go down the ombudsman route.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi rob, I've been following your advice from lots of threads on this site, I sent my copy of your VT letter on Monday the 20/2/17 to gmac and have all this to look forward to, I am prepared to fight this to the very end as I already see lots of charges coming my way from the experiences I've had with their customer service team. I'd be very grateful for your help during this time, starting with what my argument will be if they do not respond to my letter and come and collect the car? It's been signed for on their end recorded delivery

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X