• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dlc Statute Barred??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dlc Statute Barred??

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone can offer any help or advice.
    I have just received 13 statements from DLC regarding a debt they bought from Argos card services back in 2009 all dated 18/02/2016.
    Through one thing and another (mainly mh issues) I failed to make payments on this account and have not heard from them for over 18 months. The last payment I made to them was on 06/02/2010, and can't remember wether or not I have contacted them with an offer of payment.
    I find it very strange that they have completely out of the blue sent me all of these statements 6 years and 12 days after my last payment or contact with them.
    Question is what do I do now?
    I do understand that I still owe this debt, but surely they shouldn't be chasing this debt any longer.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Dlc Statute Barred??

That does seem a bit odd - it's like they are evidencing the debt is statute barred in advance of bringing a claim. No letter before action or anything along with it ? Any cover letter at all ? Sometimes companies try to catch up with CCA/FCA obligations to send annual statements of interest and charges by sending a wad at once - so it could be for that.

I'd not contact them for the moment and see what happens next (if anything). You could send a CCA request to them but I'd leave that for a few weeks first (unless you hear again from them) to make doubly sure you would be statute barred before contacting them.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for response, I have had nothing at all just all these statements today in one wad of individual envelopes :-S
      Just seems so strange...
      I moved 18 months ago and have not updated my new address with them, but do still have redirect in place and have had no problems with any other post, so can't see there'd have been a problem with not receiving any other correspondence from them.

Comment

hmmmm, yes very strange. Well it will bug you but I think you are safest to file them away and keep shtum for the moment.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X