• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell / Tesco Mobile - Default Removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell / Tesco Mobile - Default Removal

So basically at the end of the day its coming down to sending letters out for a goodwill gesture to have it removed ? Would it be worth while sending a letter to Tesco first as they were the OC, even though lowell bought it ? If they did decide to remove it, that would mean (if i understand correctly) Lowell would legally have to remove any form of them on my credit record ?

Comment

Probably. The accuracy of the original fact of the default is down to the original creditor.

Lowell have no goodwill at all, unless they have their arms twisted behind their backs and wrenched HARD.

IMO, better chance among a choice of slim ones would be to raise a dispute on the grounds I already mentioned, and see how far you can make that run.

Comment

Just to clarify, raise a dispute with a CRA... say experian ? on the grounds that I personally as contract holder was not sent anything ? Or would it be better to do it via a letter direct to Tesco ?

Comment

You can, but all the CRA generally does is ask the creditor if the info is correct, they reply 'yes', then the CRA washes their hands of doing anything else.

Generallyyou need to take any dispute direct to the originator of the data, if it is the supplied data that you dispute.

Comment

Might be a silly question, but would it make any difference if I address it to the CEO rather than customer support ?

Comment

Originally posted by battery426 View Post
              Might be a silly question, but would it make any difference if I address it to the CEO rather than customer support ?
              Tesco placed the original default you will need to take it up with them, yes address any letter to the CEO.

nem

Comment

Probably not, but it will do no harm.

Comment

**Update**

Well I have received an email back from Tesco's. They looked into my account and are saying that I could of looked at my bank or online Tesco account to see it hadn't been paid. Surely there must be some responsibility on Tesco's part to inform people that payments haven't been made ?

I have found this on their website, which says they will tell you about missed payments... is it worth emailing them this ?
                  http://www.tescomobile.com/help-and-...bill-reminders
                  Last edited by battery426; 26th February 2016, 16:53:PM.

Comment

With that reply you have to think they will not remove it after all what are they expected come round your house and tell you its not been paid.
                    sorry to be blunt but its not really their problem after they send an invoice?

Comment

**Update**

Well I have received an email back from Tesco's. They looked into my account and are saying that I could of looked at my bank or online Tesco account to see it hadn't been paid. Surely there must be some responsibility on Tesco's part to inform people that payments haven't been made ?

I have found this on their website, which says they will tell you about missed payments... is it worth emailing them this ?
                      http://www.tescomobile.com/help-and-...bill-reminders
                      I'm with Tesco Mobile and get a text alert as to what my bill will be and when exactly payment is to be called for.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X