• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MCOL Defence Now Lapsed 31 Days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCOL Defence Now Lapsed 31 Days

Hi all

I have completed my defence on the MCOL website and it states the solicitor / debt agency has 28 days to respond. Today it's the 31st day and am checking the MCOL website daily but no status summary updates nor set aside information ?

Anyone like too too add anything..

Kind regards Howie
    Tags: None

Re: MCOL Defence Now Lapsed 31 Days

Originally posted by howie94 View Post
    Hi all

I have completed my defence on the MCOL website and it states the solicitor / debt agency has 28 days to respond. Today it's the 31st day and am checking the MCOL website daily but no status summary updates nor set aside information ?

Anyone like too too add anything..

Kind regards Howie
    Hello Howie,
    There is a back log in the court system. I don't know if MCOL is fully up to date.

You can always phone the court to check if the claim is stayed, you are Not informed when
    this happens.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Hello Howie,
      There is a back log in the court system. I don't know if MCOL is fully up to date.

You can always phone the court to check if the claim is stayed, you are Not informed when
      this happens.

nem
      Thanks @Nemises45 I just rang Northampton court and they stated that 28 days plus 5 days service (post, email etc) but wouldn't state the current outcome but to ring back next Tuesday lf nothing is heard....

Kind regards Howie
      Last edited by howie94; 18th February 2016, 13:39:PM.

Comment

Thanks @Nemises45 I just rang Northampton court and they stated that 28 days plus 5 days service (post, email etc) but wouldn't state the current outcome but to ring back next Tuesday lf nothing is heard....

Kind regards Howie

OK Howie!
        nem

Comment

Hi all

Still no update on MCOL !!!

Comment

Hi all

Ive just come off the phone to the courts and they have stated the the claim is now STAYED !!! Happy days Woo Hoo

I would like to thank you all for your help and guidance throughout this experience, and well done ......

Kind Regards Howie
            @Nibbler @EXC @skyman @Nemises45 @stu82 @Amethyst
            Last edited by howie94; 24th February 2016, 17:04:PM.

Comment

Hi all

Ive just come off the phone to the courts and they have stated the the claim is now STAYED !!! Happy days Woo Hoo

I would like to thank you all for your help and guidance throughout this experience, and well done ......

Kind Regards Howie
              @Nibbler @EXC @skyman @Nemises45 @stu82 @Amethyst
              Hello Howie,

Good news!

The claim is stayed because the claimant has not responded to your defence, the claimant
              will now have to pay a fee to lift the stay if they at any point are ready to respond i.e, having
              acquired the agreement etc.

If the stay becomes prolonged then you can apply to the court to have the claim struck out
              with the claimant paying the costs of the application.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                Hello Howie,

Good news!

The claim is stayed because the claimant has not responded to your defence, the claimant
                will now have to pay a fee to lift the stay if they at any point are ready to respond i.e, having
                acquired the agreement etc.

If the stay becomes prolonged then you can apply to the court to have the claim struck out
                with the claimant paying the costs of the application.

nem
                Hi nem

Thanks for the reply,

So good news thanks for all your help, is there anything i need to do going forward from the claim i need to know about ??

kind regards Howie

Comment

Hi all

Low and behold i have received another debt letter today stated that DLC has passed the debt to another part of their company on the 1st March 2016 and are persuing the debt and will do until its paid.....

How is this possible !!! Its been too court and STAYED and now the debt is still being chased by the chancers...

Comment

Hi all

Low and behold i have received another debt letter today stated that DLC has passed the debt to another part of their company on the 1st March 2016 and are persuing the debt and will do until its paid.....

How is this possible !!! Its been too court and STAYED and now the debt is still being chased by the chancers...
                    The law in England/Wales is that the alleged debt still exists, but as things stand it is not enforceable through a court.

(This thread doesn't mention if you have used an SB defense - if so, there are different considerations for Scotland).
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                      The law in England/Wales is that the alleged debt still exists, but as things stand it is not enforceable through a court.

(This thread doesn't mention if you have used an SB defense - if so, there are different considerations for Scotland).

Hi

Thanks for you prompt response, im living in Wales so ok as its been through the court once too which it has become STAYED as mentioned, shall i just ignore the letters and contact the court and ask if the claim can be struck out of the court ? or shall i wait an extra couple of months....

kind regards Howie

Comment

Hi

Thanks for you prompt response, im living in Wales so ok as its been through the court once too which it has become STAYED as mentioned, shall i just ignore the letters and contact the court and ask if the claim can be struck out of the court ? or shall i wait an extra couple of months....

kind regards Howie
                        In brief, what was your defence?

Did you mention costs?

An app to strike out will cost you - it should be recoverable
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                          In brief, what was your defence?

Did you mention costs?

An app to strike out will cost you - it should be recoverable

Hi

Defence was denial of default notice which was never received and that CCA request and CPR sent but no proof which nothing was ever produced.... No proof the court STAYED in my favour, no cost was ever mentioned in my defence..

Just too add this is my first Defence ever !!!

regards Howie

Comment

Hi

Defence was denial of default notice which was never received and that CCA request and CPR sent but no proof which nothing was ever produced.... No proof the court STAYED in my favour, no cost was ever mentioned in my defence..

Just too add this is my first Defence ever !!!

regards Howie
                            So just to clarify; you submitted a defence, the court gave the Claimant 28 days to reply to your defence, the Claimant failed to comply with the court's instructions?
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi

That is correct the claimant failed to comply with any evidence...

Regards

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X