• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Follow up to closing of account/non pursuing of alleged debt.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow up to closing of account/non pursuing of alleged debt.

Good Afternoon all, I am after a bit of advice before i do anything hasty! Back in November, I received a letter from a certain DCA that the account would be closed and no longer pursuing the alleged debt. It stated in the bottom of letter that they will however report default to the CRA's.

Vanquish are refusing to refund me the excess charges (£12 charges plus various admin charges) equating to a lot more than the alleged debt.

I have asked Vanquish to refund me the charges which I deem excessive including those which are close to PPI.

I have gone through the statements, thanks to the DCA for sending me them from Vanquish, very helpful!

roughly £330 ish in charges alone...(!!)

I would like to follow this up as intend to start work soon and this is now the only blemish on my CF.

It is not SB'd as date of default registered as 31/10/13

Even with this letter from DCA, the default is still being registered...anything I can do? I know Vanquish will put up a fight for the repayments as in Nov they already state they will not and they think it is over 6 years old, which it isn't..so they are culpable to repayments?

Thanks all again for the advice given.
    Last edited by beaconsman; 17th February 2016, 14:21:PM. Reason: missed out info
    Tags: None

Re: Follow up to closing of account/non pursuing of alleged debt.

Update, Original Credit Card are refusing to pay up.

I am stepping this up as to get this off my credit file as it is the last one.

Comment

UPDATE. WON!

CF now shows "Settled" 06-11-2015!

This was my final remaining default on my cf so am very happy. I disputed this before Christmas as have paperwork from Lowlifes saying they will close account blahdy blah. I am going after the original credit card company, Vanquish, for the fees levied onto said account over the duration of the card which took me over the limit in the first instance. Currently stands at £340 (December 2015) with interest accrued at 8%.
      Let the final battle commence.

NEVER GIVE UP!!
      :closed_2:

Comment

Originally posted by beaconsman View Post
        UPDATE. WON!

CF now shows "Settled" 06-11-2015!

This was my final remaining default on my cf so am very happy. I disputed this before Christmas as have paperwork from Lowlifes saying they will close account blahdy blah. I am going after the original credit card company, Vanquish, for the fees levied onto said account over the duration of the card which took me over the limit in the first instance. Currently stands at £340 (December 2015) with interest accrued at 8%.
        Let the final battle commence.

NEVER GIVE UP!!
        :closed_2:
        8% is used once N1 submitted until judgment, % 39.9 use as per the % you were charged thru .

Comment

Really? I thought it was a statutory 8%? Lowlifes gave me a full statement form OC so have it all, kind of them! at 8% its at £330..be a lot higher than that at 39.9...

Now its showing as settled on CF, I am going after Vanquish as they caused it in the first place..I paid of 50% in Sept 2012 and it escalated with default charges. Robbing gits.
          Last edited by beaconsman; 24th March 2016, 17:50:PM.

Comment

others will no doubt comment also?

Comment

nothing as of yet, I will re send a letter stating notice before action to vanquish

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X