• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISMISSED** CCJ Help Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCJ Help Needed

I now have the N181 from Lowells -Their proposed directions are as follows:

1. The matter is allocated to the small claims track.
    2. Each party must deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents on which he intends to rely at the hearing no later than 14 days before the hearing.
    3. No party may rely at the hearing on any report from an expert unless express permission has been granted by the court beforehand. Anyone wishing to rely on an expert must write to the court immediately on receipt of this Order and seek permission, giving an explanation why the assistance of an expert is necessary.

Do I just use the same for my proposed directions?

Regards
    Egbert
    Last edited by egbert; 12th September 2016, 23:12:PM.

Comment

Also why would they revert to the small claims track?

Comment

OK, I've produced my proposed directions - any comments welcomed.

1. The claim is assigned to the small claims track.

2. At all stages the parties must consider settling this litigation by any means of Alternative Dispute Resolution (including Mediation); any party not engaging in any such means proposed by another must serve a witness statement giving reasons within 21 days of that proposal.

3. Disclosure of documents will be dealt with as follows:

a. Request must be made to inspect the original of, or to provide a copy of, a disclosable document.

b. Any such request unless objected to must be complied with within 14 days of the request.

4. Evidence of fact will be dealt with as follows:

a. All parties must serve on each other copies of the signed statements of themselves and of all witnesses on whom they intend to rely and all notices relating to evidence.

b. Oral evidence will not be permitted at trial from a witness whose statement has not been served in accordance with this order or has been served late, except with permission from the Court.

5. No expert evidence is necessary.

Comment

I have to have my witness statement into court this week- but what do I put in it? Any help much appreciated.

Comment

Well it's been a while but I thought I would just say thanks to the templates and assistance from people on this forum - the court has dismissed the claim against me. On my day in court Lowells failed to provide any of the documentation requested. They also claimed that I had previously agreed to pay by direct debit but could produce no paperwork to this effect. They claimed I had paid an initial payment of £45 but could not show which account the funds had been paid to. On top of this nowhere in there evidence did any two amounts actually match. The final nail in the coffin of their case is that they produced their own documentary evidence that was in the incorrect dated order. To be fair the solicitor representing them apologised after the hearing. It's been a long and worrying 18 odd months but time and effort getting things correct and into court in time has had the desired effect - all I can say is that Lowell is clearly just a bunch of chancers...

Comment

Ahh well come egbert, that is good news. Sounds like you did really well in court and Lowell really didn't help themselves at all. Well done
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: **DISMISSED** CCJ Help Needed

It all went pretty smooth in court the claimants solicitor seemed a bit embarrassed by it all. From their evidence I had prepared and went through every inconsistancy and contradiction page by page. I still couldn't believe it when at the end the judge simply dismissed it and said no case to answer. It was almost as if Lowell's couldn't be bothered.

Comment

Originally posted by egbert View Post
                  Well it's been a while but I thought I would just say thanks to the templates and assistance from people on this forum - the court has dismissed the claim against me. On my day in court Lowells failed to provide any of the documentation requested. They also claimed that I had previously agreed to pay by direct debit but could produce no paperwork to this effect. They claimed I had paid an initial payment of £45 but could not show which account the funds had been paid to. On top of this nowhere in there evidence did any two amounts actually match. The final nail in the coffin of their case is that they produced their own documentary evidence that was in the incorrect dated order. To be fair the solicitor representing them apologised after the hearing. It's been a long and worrying 18 odd months but time and effort getting things correct and into court in time has had the desired effect - all I can say is that Lowell is clearly just a bunch of chancers...
                  Well Done!!

Lowell's Incompetence and your efforts paid off.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by egbert View Post
                  Well Done!!

Lowell's Incompetence and your efforts paid off.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X