• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Premier Park - Private car park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier Park - Private car park

Hi Beagles :beagle:

So here how the story goes, I was parked in a gated community private car park visiting a friend who has a flat there. This gated community has an intercom at the gateway from which I assume is to let visitors enter. Now the car park seems significantly small for the amount of flats it accommodates anyway but during my visit the car park was completely Full. Assuming there were visitor spaces, they were neither clearly marked and presumably occupied. As I was only intending on a short stay I resorted to copying what other people ended up doing and parked up on the pavement (w/ very faint double yellow lines) ensuring I was no hindrance to any other vehicles. Alas, when i return to the vehicle Mr. Moneygrabber had a field day and marked us all.

Now I'm unfortunately an amateur at the whole legal rights thing etc, but perhaps I was foolish to listen to said friend when they advised to ignore everything the parking people sent me and that it would eventually go away. It is your typical Parking Charge Notice of £100(which is ridiculous!!!) discounted to £60 for the initial period. [Interesting how the neighbouring community is £70/£40 on a larger complex]. Anyway, 3 months on and now I'm getting increasingly worried after numerous more letters. I've now been past on to ZZPS Debt Recovery and apparently I'm on my last chance with them until they pass me on to Wright Hassall. It now stands at a whopping £172.

I was only hoping that after several bully letters they would give up and believed the rumours where apparently these companies give up before court due to the expenses on their behalf. However as I recently turned to the forums for information its seemingly the case where premier park are getting their act together and sending more and more people to court.
    What am I to do since I don't have the time and effort to go down the court route. Am I still due the final reduced payment offer? I feel I do not have a strong enough argument against this unless you guys can tell me otherwise. I'll have a go at posting picture of what I got.

Just a little note about their pictures. You can clearly see they and rotated their sign which had only been zip-tied to the lamppost anyway, then above it shows a bigger, more informative and slightly cheaper charge from the previous operators.
    Another picture shows a car in the same spot the next day with that same sign rotated the opposite way.
    And I know I'm being picky but the charge is for 'No Permit on Display'. Does that mean if I had a permit I could park on double yellows!?

Any help would be most appreciated. Many Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Premier Park - Private car park

Ohh Yeah and the letters they sent me...(the first and latest)
    Attached Files

Comment

As you are passed the appeal deadlines, keep ignoring and filing.

Your pictures caught my eye though as there are 2 signs and 2 companies ?

M1

Comment

Hi M1

I can only assume the signs are left from the previous operators. Yet premier park have failed to remove them and plastered their own signs close to the older signs.
        Does it seem I have any valid retaliation against this charge?

Comment

Absolutely. If there are more TPS signs make sure you snap them before they are gone.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver was a genuine invited guest.

It is noted that your notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to PoFA 2102 schedule 4 para 7/8.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If/when you get a popla code please let me know.

M1

Comment

Hello again,

After appealing to Premier Park, they got back to me saying, "
            Please be advised that we are no longer able to deal with your appeal at this late date as your case is now being dealt with by our Collection Agency, ZZPS" ... they did not provide a popla code.

Yet, (if I'm correct) is it pointless appealing to ZZPS as they cannot withdraw the parking charge?
            Is it now just the matter of waiting to see what will happen?
            Only, I'd like to sell the car pretty soon.

Many Thanks.

Comment

Yet, (if I'm correct) is it pointless appealing to ZZPS as they cannot withdraw the parking charge?
              Is it now just the matter of waiting to see what will happen?
              Yes, just file and ignore all bar a proper letter before action or court papers from premier park (or a proper assigned company but not a scummy debt collector)

Only, I'd like to sell the car pretty soon.
              None of this makes any difference to that.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X