• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot - FCA Status

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot - FCA Status

Hello everybody. I've found your discussions and advice on here very helpful recently and I'd like to thank everybody who contributes and especially those who are regular contributors.

I have what I hope is only a quick query. The status of Cabot Financial (UK) has 'lapsed' with the FCA. Can anybody explain what this means? Are they able to conduct business if they're not regulated?

Many thanks.
    Tom.
    Tags: None

Re: Cabot - FCA Status

If they have an agreement with another authorised company, yes. If not, no.

M1

Comment

Or to put it another way

Even though the law says no , money talks so the FCA says YES

Who were the bank that liked to say yes?

Comment

Ok, thanks guys. I've fired off an email to the FCA to ask what Cabot's status means and if they need to be regulated by them or by anybody else. They should reply in 2 working days. I'll post the reply here.

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
          Or to put it another way

Even though the law says no , money talks so the FCA says YES

Who were the bank that liked to say yes?
          Probably mine, when I asked if they were stopping my OD facility!
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Ok, so I'm waiting for an email response from the FCA but in the meantime I called them. The result was that Cabot Financial (UK) are ok to chase debts such as the £24.50 they claim I owed to Sky but they can't deal with anything to do with credit such as bank loans or credit cards. The official response will come along soon.

Comment

I believe this is only for Cabot Financial UK and not Cabot Financial Europe, which is where their threat-o-grams come from.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X