• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Orange contract that ended two years ago and i have now been charged over £600

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange contract that ended two years ago and i have now been charged over £600

Hi
    I cancelled my orange phone contract over 2 years ago, and only recently have i noticed that they have been taking the money for the contract for the last 2 years after my 24 month contract had ended. They have taken a total of £637.28, after finally realising that they had been taking this money for over 2 years. The direct debit that was cancelled in October 2014 due to my mum being diagnosed with cancer, they then continued taking the money using a new reference number every month. After ringing them they have offered me £150 compensation, when i said that i will being getting legal help they then said i wouldn't get anything if i went down this route.
    Can anyone help please?
    Tags: None

Re: Orange contract that ended two years ago and i have now been charged over £600

If you can prove the contract has ended and this is money which they are not entitled to, then you should be entitled to the full amount, I would argue with interest as well. What is their justification that you should only be offered £150, or is that in addition to the £600+ you have paid?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Re: Orange contract that ended two years ago and i have now been charged over £600

Originally posted by R0b View Post
      If you can prove the contract has ended and this is money which they are not entitled to, then you should be entitled to the full amount, I would argue with interest as well. What is their justification that you should only be offered £150, or is that in addition to the £600+ you have paid?
      They said that after your 24 month contract has ended, you then have to cancel the contract with a 30 day notice which my mum did but can not prove as orange no longer exist and is now part of EE, they apparently then continue the contract as a rolling 30 days contract which was never agreed. The phone number has not been used since the day the contract ended and we no longer have the phone. They are offering to pay £150 pound of the £600+ that she has been charged for, which obviously not acceptable. She only noticed that the money had been coming out when she was charged for being overdrawn, she does not work and has been recovering from cancer for the past 2 years so as you can guess looking at her bank account was the last thing on her mind.

Comment

So, you cancelled the DD in October 2014 and then Orange re-instated the direct debit to continue payments without your authorisation? Forget what the person at Orange said there is scare tactics. At best Orange is owed a months payment but should not have set it up and continued the payments.

When was the new Direct Debit set up?

Who offered you £150 was this customer service advisor or someone from complaints or someone else?
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

So, you cancelled the DD in October 2014 and then Orange re-instated the direct debit to continue payments without your authorisation? Forget what the person at Orange said there is scare tactics. At best Orange is owed a months payment but should not have set it up and continued the payments.

When was the new Direct Debit set up?

Who offered you £150 was this customer service advisor or someone from complaints or someone else?
          they set up the direct debit feb 14 as the contract ended the customer service person offered 3 months payment i said that was not acceptable, asked for a manager who offered £150 returned no good now it gone to a higher level and waiting for a call within 72 hours
          Last edited by Mdosell12; 10th February 2016, 20:22:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mdosell12 View Post
            they set up the direct debit feb 14 as the contract ended the customer service person offered 3 months payment i said that was not acceptable, asked for a manager who offered £150 returned no good now it gone to a higher level and waiting for a call within 72 hours
            It was a supervisor who said £150, still waiting for a call back.

Comment

Sorry just backtracking a little here you said the DD set up in Feb 14 but you cancelled in October 14? Am I missing something here or did you mean Feb 15?
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Sorry just backtracking a little here you said the DD set up in Feb 14 but you cancelled in October 14? Am I missing something here or did you mean Feb 15?
                my mistake the contract ended feb 2014 then they started to take payments the following month up until the 18th jan 2016 when my mum noticed they will still taking payments

Comment

Well, starting point is that I would suggest you use their online complaints form to kickstart things off. You have obviously had phone calls but best to start getting things in writing. If EE fail to give any payments back then your other alternative option would be legal action, unless you go through the ombudsman route which means you will need to wait 8 weeks or have EE give you a final letter.

Do you want to draft something short up of a summary of your problem or I could write something up but it will probably have to be tomorrow.

Have you got all of your orange details and mobile number?
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

thanks yes,
                    Last edited by Mdosell12; 10th February 2016, 22:15:PM.

Comment

Edit your post above, I don't need to know your details and we don't want someone else trying to use your details either so take them out
                      LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X