• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**CASE DISMISSED** HALIFAX CREDIT CARD & 1st CREDIT (FINANCE) LTD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HALIFAX CREDIT CARD & 1st CREDIT (FINANCE) LTD

Originally posted by Kiwi2016 View Post
    @nemesis45

Thanks for getting back to me nem. Will I need to explain at hearing how the docs do not meet the CCA requirement?
    On the 'Allocation' letter from court, under directions it states; "Parties serve and file copy documents by xxPM, xxFebruary 2017". Is this referring to the closung date of submission of witness statements and/or anything else?
    Thanks, KIWI
    Hello Kiwi
    This will go into your witness statement and evidence bundle to be submitted no later the xxFeb 2017 as stated on court letter.

The docs are it seem intended to be a "reconstituted agreement" but they lack 2 distinct sets of T's & C's one relevant when the account was opened and those relevant at closure, + any other documents mention it the t's & c's it must also have your name and address as it was when the account was opened.
    When is the WS actually due if you don't want to post on the open forum PM me so we know how much time we have to get the WS etc together.

nem

Comment

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]

Hi, I've just tried to pm. It's the first time I have pm'd anyone on this site, do let me know if it hasn't been received. Regards, Kiwi.

Comment

Please see attached, thanks.
        Attached Files

Comment

@nemesis45

Please see attached, thanks.
          Hello Kiwi,
          Recap:
          The date referred to in your PM when document were sent are they saying that the document were sent to an address to which you had not yet moved?

Also the one off payment mentioned did you make it?

The name and address on the t's & C's at the time the account was opened, is it correct?

nem

Comment

Hi Nem,

I trust you're well. I had the court hearing on Wednesday and the Judge dismissed the case. The illegible paperwork provided by the Claimant was not acceptable and the fact that there was no copy for the record of the default notice led to the cases dismissal.

Thanks for all your invaluable help and guidance throughout the whole process.

Regards, Kiwi 😊

Comment

Congratulations Kiwi, well done for getting your case across to the Judge successfully.

Tagging [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi there Nem, I just noticed that although I've had the above case dismissed in court at the end of Feb, my credit file is still showing 1st credit as a lender. The figure seems to reflect the amount they attempted to claim in court. How would I go about getting the matter removed from my credit file, based on the Judge dismissing the case?

Regards,
                Kiwi

Comment

@nemesis45

Hi there Nem, I just noticed that although I've had the above case dismissed in court at the end of Feb, my credit file is still showing 1st credit as a lender. The figure seems to reflect the amount they attempted to claim in court. How would I go about getting the matter removed from my credit file, based on the Judge dismissing the case?

Regards,
                  Kiwi
                  Hello Kiwi,

Unfortunately the alleged debt still exists it's just not enforceable in court.
                  What were the judges reasons for dismissing the claim?

nem

Comment

Hi, the judge said that the paperwork the claimant presented was illegible and that the claimant had not presented the default notice that was allegedly served. Regards, Kiwi

Comment

although I've had the above case dismissed in court at the end of Feb, my credit file is still showing 1st credit as a lender. . . . . . How would I go about getting the matter removed from my credit file, based on the Judge dismissing the case?
                      The Default will stay on your CRA file for six years after it was applied. Then the whole file vanishes from sight

How soon will that be?

Di

Comment

[MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]

That's fantastic news. The 6 year mark should be up within the next 4-6 weeks Thanks for the swift response.

Regards,
                        Kiwi

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X