• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court /Legal Aid Debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court /Legal Aid Debt

I had the unfortunate circumstance of being remanded into custody, and needed Legal help. My solicitor had wrote to me whilst in jail, advising I would receive Legal Aid full funding.
    Since the court appearance last March. I was not aware at all that I owed any money to the Legal Aid. I received a letter from Rossendales in Sept 15, advising I owe over 2.5 k for legal fees, and that if I could not afford to pay, then they would take action, I offered to pay what I could. They explained that they will take it to court to get a charging order on my property. Late last year I challenged that I did not have 30k equity in my property, Rossendales suggested I send in 2 valuations, (the county court date had already been set for january16) I emailed the valuations to them between xmas and new year, I had telephoned them asking what would happen if I was too late in sending them the valuations, and had been informed , if I can prove I don't have that equity. Then it was their problem. (recorded telephone calls as informed by Rossendales) The last correspondence from them was the Friday before court date, requiring Mortgage balance, this I emailed. The matter was taken to court and Rossendales got the required outcome. I then received a letter from their solicitors advising, removal of charging order. I also received a letter from Rossendales advising I now owe them money for their legal costs of over £350, Is this correct? I had told them that I was challenging the equity, and advised to send in valuations. Yet they still went ahead with the enforcement. I have emailed them regarding this debt. Stating that phonecalls are recorded, I am being threatened again by enforcement after the 17 feb 16, How can they charge me for their legal costs.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X