• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Secured Loan, Welcome Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Secured Loan, Welcome Finance

Originally posted by Ruby View Post
    Its the Ruddington, Nottingham address I have been corresponding with. I would ideally prefer to just make them a 'cheeky' offer and get rid of them for good.

What makes me laugh is how they seem to be so keen that we call them.
    Thanks Ruby and yes that's their customer contact address.

I have just noticed that the phone numbers have updated so looks as if though my local branch may have closed.

I did make them a cheeky offer myself in which they originally declined but then kept sending text's to call back to discuss further.

Maybe worth a try as I had approx £8,500 outstanding and made a full and final offer of £1,000. I am still awaiting a response in writing so will let you know.

Comment

I did that when Welcome tried the same trick with me.
      Also enclosed a copy of the letter from DCA they used who were returning the account to them "for consideration " when they could not supply documentation and a letter from Welcome admitting that they could not find this from when I first raised a complaint.
      Never received any responce!

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Hello Ruby,
      Why not send the a copy of one of their statements, state that they should refer to their own records and tell them that any further delays in providing the
      documents requested will be reported to the FCA and the ICO

nem
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Their logo and print in the most recent letter received from them was in black and white and looked like very cheap photo copy paper.

It looks like they can't even afford their printing bill

Comment

Hi [MENTION=4027]Ruby[/MENTION].
          Had two letters today telling us that our "secured loan" is now a mortgage.
          Are they for real?
          Tempted to shove them and the recent "statement" in one big envelope and post it back to them!

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
            Hi @Ruby.
            Had two letters today telling us that our "secured loan" is now a mortgage.
            Are they for real?
            Tempted to shove them and the recent "statement" in one big envelope and post it back to them!
            Hi dogtired, I received the same today.

My account is in dispute, I have two complaints with the Ombudsman and Welcome never reply to any of my prove it arrears requests etc.

I am about to forward another formal complaint and I will also enclose the letter received today :mad2::mad2:

Comment

Going to do the same!
              Not paid them for over six years.
              CAB have told them any alleged loan is " irritriveably unenforceable".

Originally posted by Bazza View Post
              Hi dogtired, I received the same today.

My account is in dispute, I have two complaints with the Ombudsman and Welcome never reply to any of my prove it arrears requests etc.

I am about to forward another formal complaint and I will also enclose the letter received today :mad2::mad2:

Comment

Going to do the same!
                Not paid them for over six years.
                CAB have told them any alleged loan is " irritriveably unenforceable".
                FCA rules re SB

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/hand...ate=2015-10-26
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks for that does it also depend if they are still regarding the alleged account a "secured loan/mortgage"
                  They never have proved it exists anyway.

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

Comment

If a mortgage, I think this applies

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1980/58/section/15
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

So if they "prove" this (in my uneducated view if they could they would have taken more appropriate action them trying with two DCA who also never came up with any documentation the first I requested a proper CCA and they paid the fee onto the alleged account).
                      We have approximately another five years of this nonsense?

Comment

Hi dt

Have you thought about hitting them with a SAR?

http://legalbeagles.org/forums/showt...ur-information
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Yes over eight years ago!
                          It was then we discovered they had changed account numbers.
                          Have all the documents for the original in 2002.
                          Welcome did one of the " re rights" they were notorious for and we did not know.
                          When we moved house they did not turn up then it took almost six months to move offices.
                          Within the SDAR was an intresting thing that some one called "Merv"had failed to transfer to our currant address.
                          Nothing on the land register ( the house was not on it) and main mortgage has no record of them " having an interest"
                          Went to CAB and they said it was irritriveably unenforceable.
                          One DCA paid a CCA fee onto the alleged remainder
                          It wull actually be seven years since any payment to them.

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                          Hi dt

Have you thought about hitting them with a SAR?

http://legalbeagles.org/forums/showt...ur-information

Comment

Yes over eight years ago!
                            It was then we discovered they had changed account numbers.
                            Have all the documents for the original in 2002.
                            Welcome did one of the " re rights" they were notorious for and we did not know.
                            When we moved house they did not turn up then it took almost six months to move offices.
                            Within the SDAR was an intresting thing that some one called "Merv"had failed to transfer to our currant address.
                            Nothing on the land register ( the house was not on it) and main mortgage has no record of them " having an interest"
                            Went to CAB and they said it was irritriveably unenforceable.
                            One DCA paid a CCA fee onto the alleged remainder
                            It wull actually be seven years since any payment to them.
                            So what, if anything, was the loan secured on?
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Presume our old address.
                              Been at this one 12 years in June.
                              IF they had anything they would have done something by now!

Comment

Sorry [MENTION=4027]Ruby[/MENTION] for invading your thread.
                                Welcome were the reason that I came to LB!
                                Sending them yet another complaint with copies of corrispondence.
                                How are you getting on?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X