• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RTA Claim Assistance please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTA Claim Assistance please

Hi there,

I am hoping someone may be able to advise please. Without going into all of the details at this stage, some two years after what should have been a simple RTA Claim, the Solicitors dealing with our case have decided that they are unable to pursue and are closing the case. They have already admitted that their negligence, delays etc have hindered our case and for this offered us £100. They are now saying that they can take this no further and are relying on certain reports etc that they say they have received, but yet we have not seen sight of amongst many other things. They have sided heavily with the other side for some time now despite numerous evidence and constant changing of stories about what actually happened from the thirs party, who incidentally at the time of the accident admitted full liability but then later retracted.

My question is that if they close the case, can we request our file from them including all the documents , letters between both Legal teams etc similar to a CCA / SAR request ? I am assuming we have a right to see all of this information. We do intend contacting the Legal Ombudsmen in relation to this and then thinking our next step from there. We wish to see evidence of this documentation they say that they have but despite several requests have not sent to us. One conversation from them resulted in them saying that they themselves had never seen sight of it but had been advised in a telephone call of its existence. This is report from a garage apparently purporting that the damage to our vehicle could not have come from this accident yet this apparent report was over a year after the accident.

I could go on forever with this story and perhaps I will at some stage if I need further advice, but for now some clarification as to whether we are within our rights now they are closing the file to receive all information relating to is would be great please.

Many Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: RTA Claim Assistance please

Normally, you are entitled to your file once all fees have been paid, in the case of yours (no win no fee?) I would imagine they could charge you a reasonable fee for giving you a copy £40-50 tops?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Daley0 View Post
      Hi there,

I am hoping someone may be able to advise please. Without going into all of the details at this stage, some two years after what should have been a simple RTA Claim, the Solicitors dealing with our case have decided that they are unable to pursue and are closing the case. They have already admitted that their negligence, delays etc have hindered our case and for this offered us £100. They are now saying that they can take this no further and are relying on certain reports etc that they say they have received, but yet we have not seen sight of amongst many other things. They have sided heavily with the other side for some time now despite numerous evidence and constant changing of stories about what actually happened from the thirs party, who incidentally at the time of the accident admitted full liability but then later retracted.

My question is that if they close the case, can we request our file from them including all the documents , letters between both Legal teams etc similar to a CCA / SAR request ? I am assuming we have a right to see all of this information. We do intend contacting the Legal Ombudsmen in relation to this and then thinking our next step from there. We wish to see evidence of this documentation they say that they have but despite several requests have not sent to us. One conversation from them resulted in them saying that they themselves had never seen sight of it but had been advised in a telephone call of its existence. This is report from a garage apparently purporting that the damage to our vehicle could not have come from this accident yet this apparent report was over a year after the accident.

I could go on forever with this story and perhaps I will at some stage if I need further advice, but for now some clarification as to whether we are within our rights now they are closing the file to receive all information relating to is would be great please.

Many Thanks in advance
      Hello Daley

What are the main features of your claim? What defences were offered and applied? You said your solicitor sided with the opponent? I have studied relevant law so I may be able to offer some assistance.

Comment

Hi Daley

Was it a no win no fee agreement?
        Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X